For Christmas, I gave my daughters the soundtrack to the movie, "Enchanted." Although we are enjoying ALL the songs, # 3 is our "Fav." Number three is : "That's How you Know" I think we listened to it six times in the car yesterday. Elyse, my three year old, REALLY knows how to BELT IT OUT! One of our favorite lines is: "It's not enough to take the one you love for granted you must remind her, or she'll be inclined to say... "How do I know he loves me?" (How does she know that you love her? How do you show her you love her?) "How do I know he's mine?" (How does she know that you really, really, truely love her?) Well does he leave a little note to tell you you are on his mind? Send you yellow flowers when the sky is grey? Heyy! He'll find a new way to show you, a little bit everyday That's how you know, that's how you know....." As we go about our day today, it is my hope for us that we would be alert to the "little bit" He gives us today whispering to us, "I love you!" Perhaps it is a song we hear, a verse we read, a line in a movie that makes our spirits soar, a cross we catch a glimpse of reminding us what he was willing to go through to communicate his love for us, a sunrise or sunset, a perfectly timed provision, event or encounter, a gentle peace that passes over us, a glimpse of a peacock feather with an "eye" in the middle whispering, "I see you," or a kindness through a person. "It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by the arms; but they did not REALIZE it was I who healed them. I led them with cords of HUMAN KINDNESS, with ties of LOVE..." Hosea 11:3 & 4 I believe God is trying to communicate many times throughout a day, "I love you." May we be alert. May we "REALIZE" that it is HIM.....and may we show Him that we "really, really, truely love him" through our obedience to him. Blessings from Bombadil. ,........the home where "That's How you know," is listened to often and quite loud, & sung even louder. Kristy Link "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26 |