Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Two climbing roses planted

            I just planted two of the very same kind of climbing roses,one on each side of my garage door.  As I entered my garage yesterday and looked at both of the plants, I found that the one on my right is growing and has green leaves all over it.  I felt soooo happy and excited to see all the beauty that is going to come from it. The one on my left, however, looks dead. There is nothing on it; no signs of life or beauty. I felt soo sad. I wondered if I should dig it up and see if I can get my money back or at least get a new one, one that WILL produce flowers/beauty, what it was MADE to do.  This morning I had the thought,
 
"Perhaps I will keep them both, the one that is alive and full of beauty AND the one that appears to be dead with no growth at all, as a symbol and a reminder of the following words from the ONE we were made for, the ONE who deeply desires beauty and growth from his "flower bushes,"...........US:
 
 
  "I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. ....I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up and thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish , and it will be given you. This is to MY FATHER'S GLORY, that YOU BEAR MUCH FRUIT, showing yourselves to be my disciples. "  John 15:1- 8
 
" Then Jesus told this parable:  ' A man had a fig tree, planted in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it, but did not find any. So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, 'For three years now I've been coming to LOOK FOR FRUIT on this fig tree and haven't found any. Cut it down!! Why should it use up the soil?'  'Sir,' the man replied, 'leave it alone for one more year, and I'll dig around it and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down." Luke 13:6-9 
"Produce fruit in keeping with repentance." Luke 3:8
 
 
May we be like the one rose bush planted on the right side of my garage, growing and bringing forth "fruit" and beauty as we abide in the vine and allow HIS WORDS to dwell in us richly.   It is our Master gardener's deep desire for us to draw close to Him so we may add sooo much beauty to HIS WORLD. Isn't He a GOOD GOD for LOVING BEAUTY!!! What symbols can you put around your home to whisper to and remind your soul of your Master's desires??? Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link
 

"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26