Thursday, June 23, 2011

You are in control

          I was in Ludington this past weekend for a Gus Macker tournament with some very special friends. I could write on several things that blessed me while I was there, but above them all was being a part of the early morning worship/devo time led by the father of this precious family, The Bandstras. As I often do, I could not keep from crying. My children seem to love to point this out and with my face turned to the other room I could hear my kids whisper, (and NOT whisper).."Mom's crying again."..........."Why are you crying, mom?"  My oldest son nailed it right on the head when I heard him say, perhaps sarcastically (but I don't really think so) , "She's crying because she thinks its beautiful." Jake, my oldest son, knows me. He should I suppose having lived with me for 13 years.  It was beautiful. It was BEAUTIFUL. It is EXACTLY how it is suppose to be, the way God designed the family to function.......the Father/ the Big Daddy of the clan, passing on the most wonderful truths of God to his children, and not only his children, but to my children as well.  He led his 5 children and beautiful wife, and my five children and myself in this song:
 
YOU ARE IN CONTROL:
 
 You are my shepherd
I have no needs
You lead me by peaceful streams
and you refresh my life
 
You hold my hand
and you guide my steps
I could walk through the valley of death
and I won't be afraid
 
Because You are in control
You are in control (3x)
 
You cause everything to work together
you truly have a Sovereign plan
and You know who I am
And you made me who I am
And you love who I am
 
Because You are in control
You are in control (3x)
 
 
May these words of God "Dwell in you richly" today.  May you/we BELIEVE them.  Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link

"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26