Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"A good day"

I met my in-laws at the St. Joseph beach yesterday. We had a wonderful day. I
LOVE the beach! However, in the same breath, I HATE the beach! It's no wonder I
am always tired after a day at the beach. For some reason, the beach (or any
place where women are walking around in bikinis in front of my husband and
sons) brings up sooo many emotions for me. As I brought my weary and emotion
laden soul before God this morning and poured out my heart to Him through
journaling, I realized I had experienced a plethora of  different emotions. I
was in awe, filled with wonder, thankful, angry, sad, mad, jealous, frustrated,
confused, curious, longing, hopeful, and the list goes on.  It felt good to pour
out my heart to the Lord, to "cast my cares upon him because He cares for me,"
to "cry on His shoulder," to wait tand listen for His refreshing, gentle,
life-giving, peace-restoring, truthful voice. What I heard was,

" He will wipe away EVERY tear from their eyes. There will be NO MORE death or
mourning or CRYING or PAIN, for the old order of things has passed away." 
Revelations 21:4

"No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in
the city, and his servants will serve him. THEY WILL SEE HIS FACE." Revelation
22:3

If what we experience in life causes us to hunger for more of Him, more of
heaven, more of his ways,  and leaves us weary with this world and longing for
Paradise then I suppose it can be called a "good day."

May you have "a good day" today. May your experiences increase your hunger for
Him and for Heaven. May you continue to bring your own emotionally laden souls
to HIm. He cares for us. Blessings from Bombadil....my home away from my True
home.  Kristy Joy Link
 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so
that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on
account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26