Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Protected"

The other day I decided to take a walk around my block with my two daughters,
pushing them in my double stroller. My son, Zeke, was hanging out around our
home with the "Wolf Pack,"-- the "club" he and his neighborhood buddies are a
part of. As the girls and I began our walk,one of the members of the "wolf pack"
asked if we would like them to come along on the walk with us so they could
"protect" us.  What girl/woman wouldn't want to be protected by the "Wolf pack?"
So of course I responded positively and told them that I would love to be
protected by the Wolf Pack; 4 strong and brave  6-9yrs. old boys.  After
expressing my desire to be protected, the one in charge quickly yelled for the
other members to get into position. Two boys road their bikes behind us and two
road their bikes in front of us. Zeke, half way around the block, yelled out,
"This is my mom, wolf pack! Let's protect her!"  Mmmmmmmmmmm.....being protected
is so wonderful ,soooo good for the soul, soooo boy/man revealing their being
made in the "image of God. God/Jesus himself is a protector.  Listen to these
words:

" I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were
yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. Now they know that
everything you have given me comes from you. For I gave them the words you gave
me and they accepted them. They knew with CERTAINTY that I came from you and
they BELIEVED that you sent me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world,
but for those you have given me for they are yours. All I have is yours, and all
you have is mine. And the glory has come to me through them. I will remain in
the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you.
Holy Father, PROTECT them by the power of your name- the name you gave me- so
that they may be one as we are one. While I was with them, I PROTECTED them and
kept them safe by that name you gave me.......My prayer is not that you take
them out of the world but that you PROTECT them from the evil one...."John
17:6-15

The truth is , we all NEED to be protected. There is an evil one out there who
is seeking to divide us and bring fighting, hatred, disunity, slander, etc......
Jesus prayed that we would be ONE. May you be protected from  the evil one
today. May you see his sneaky ways & resist him. If you have sons, may you
delight in them being made in the image of God and may you hear God himself
 whisper, "I willl Protect you."  Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link

"  
 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so
that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on
account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26