Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A message in a bottle

I went on a date with my son, Ezekiel, last Tuesday night.  When thinking about
Zeke and what might be fun for him to do on a date with me, I thought of the
Bead shop. Zeke loves rocks, sparkly beads, monkeys and little treasures so I
thought I could take him to the Bead shop and let him pick out a little
"teasure" for $1.or $2. dollars.  While we were there he found a little glass
bottle with a cork on it.  I told him he could write a little message and put it
in the bottle and wear it as a necklace.  He got excited about that and began
wondering what kind of message he would put in the bottle. He finally decided he
wanted something from the book of Ezekiel, the book in the BiBle that he was
named after.  Soooooo, we are in the process of finding just the right
message/words from Ezekiel to put into his little bottle.  Here are some of
Zeke's options:

"Don't be afraid of them or their words. Do not be afraid, though briers and
thorns are all around you and you live among scorpians. do not be afraid of what
they say or terrified by them...You must speak my words to them, whether they
listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious." Ezekiel 2:6 & 7

"Eat what is before you, eat this scroll; THEN GO and SPEAK...." Ezekiel 3:1

"Son of man, LISTEN CAREFULLY and TAKE TO HEART ALL the words I speak to you. Go
now to your countrymen in exile and speak to them. Say to them, "This is what
the Sovreign LORD says," whether they listen or fail to listen." Ezekiel 3:10 &
11

"When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die," and you do not warn him or
speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that
wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood."
Ezekiel 3:18

"How I have been grieved by their adulterous hearts, which have turned away from
me, and by their eyes, which have lusted after their idols." Ezekiel 6:9

"I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove
from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Then they will
follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I
will be their God." Ezekiel 11:19 & 20


"Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were ARROGANT,
OVERFED,UNCONCERNED; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and
did detestable things before me." Ezekiel 16:49 & 50

"Every living soul belongs to me." Ezekiel 18: 4

"Do I take any pleasure in the dreath of the wicked? declares the Sovereign
LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?" Ezekiel
18:23

"The house of Isreal says, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Are my ways
unjust, O house of Isreal? Is it not your ways that are unjust?" Ezekiel 18:29


"I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovreign LORD.
Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.
Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a
new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Isreal? For I take no pleasure in the
death of anyone, declares the Sovreign LORD. Repent and live!" Ezekiel 18:30-32

"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me
in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found
none." Ezekiel 22:30

"This is what the Sovreign LORD says; Since you have forgotten me and thrust me
behind your back, you must bear the consequences of your lewdness.." Ezekiel 23:
35


" Then you will KNOW that I am the Sovereign LORD." Ezekiel 23:49


"You are a man and not a god." Ezekiel 28:2

"My people come to you, and sit before you to listen to your words, but they do
not put them into practice. With their mouths they express devotion, but their
hearts are greedy for unjust gain." Ezekiel 33:31

"Woe to the shepherds of Isreal who only take care of themselves! Should not
shepherds take care of the flock?..You have not strengthened the weak or healed
the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or
searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally." Ezekiel 34:2-4

"You my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, are people, and I am your God, declares
the Sovreign LORD." Ezekiel 34:31

"Swarms of living creatures will live wherever the river flows." Ezekiel 47:9

.."For the sake of my holy name...I will show the holiness of my great name.'
Ezekiel 36:22 & 23

" Then the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Sovreign LOR, when
I show myself holy THROUGH YOU before their eyes." Ezekiel 36:23


Which message would you pick to put in your bottle, to hang around your neck and
close to your heart?  May we listen carefully to his words and like ZEKE, who
had a choice to put any message he wanted in his bottle, may we choose God's
words. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy
 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so
that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on
account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26