to the Vet to put him down. Rob took him to get neutered back in February and we
were told he had one month to live because his kidneys were failing. We are sooo
thankful we were given 4 1/2 extra months with Ralf and yet we are sooo sad that
we've only had 10months with this precious puppy that we thought we'd have for
10 years. . I am surprised with myself ,not being much of a dog lover, just how
sad I feel. Last night we had a BEAUTIFUL time as a family sitting in Ralf's pen
with him (because he could barely move to bring him into the house with
us) crying together and sharing "Ralf" memories. As we shared, It continued to
come up just how GENTLE Ralf is/was and the affect that had on all of us.
We began seeing more clearly through the life of our dog just how powerful and
soul touching gentlenss is.
On this "Mom Monday" as I honor our dog and reflect on this "Gentle Giant"
(that is actually a term used to describe the Newfy breed....Ralf was even extra
gentle) may I share with you some of God's words on gentleness. May His words
spur us on to more and more gentleness as mothers.
GENTLE- Considerate or kindly in disposition; patient, not harsh,severe or
violent; soft; tamed and broken.
"Take my yoke upon you and LEARN FROM ME, for I am GENTLE and HUMBLE in heart.."
Matthew 11:29
"See your King comes to you, righteous and having salvation, GENTLEand riding on
a donkey." Zech.9:9
"A GENTLE answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger." Prov. 15:1
"Your beauty...... should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a
GENTLE and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3 &
4
"Let your GENTLENESS be evident to all." Phillipians 4:5
" A GENTLE tongue can break a bone." Prov. 25:15
As you mother your children today be reminded that gentleness is POWERFUL. It is
healing and beautiful. It turns away wrath and touches souls. As I mourn the
loss of our "Gentle Giant" today, I will treasure deeply in my heart the way his
gentleness touched all of us Links. May we touch the souls of our children and
every soul we meet with our/God's gentleness......one of the fruits of the
Spirit. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link
"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so
that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on
account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26