Saturday, January 17, 2009

If it is encouraging, let her encourage!

Hi guys! It's me- Kristy Joy Link sitting at my computer at 8:08 this cold Saturday morning. My house is still quiet except for Elyse upstairs jabbering away in a sweet little voice so I think I have a few minutes to write before I have to go get her.

You might be wondering why this e-mail is sent to "watergirls". Why in the world is Kristy calling me a watergirl and what is this e-mail going to be about? I'll tell you in a minute.

I've had such a deep desire to bring all the women of the River together- to encourage them in their walk with God. Since I have such a deep desire for this I imagine it is probably a gift of mine "given to me, for you." God's word says, "We all have different gifts according to the grace given us.....If it is encouraging, let him encourage." Romans 12:8 So I suppose I ought to use my gift wisely. Underneath my computer on my desk, are the words painted, "Encourage each other DAILY." So my desire is to encourage you daily (okay- it might be a little more like "weekly"....we'll see)

As I was thinking about who you all are and who I am, I thought," Women At The Encouraging River.". W.A.T.E.R.. I looked up the word "Water girl" thinking it might be under "water boy". It wasn't. However the definition for water boy is :

water boy: One who keeps a group, as a work team, supplied with drinking water.

Truly- we are a work team for our great and mighty God. It is my desire that through this e-mail I may "water" your souls a little bit being your "water girl" and in turn you may go and "water" your team (your family, friends, any soul you come in contact with) for the glory of God.

So Reese has now awaken and I probably need to go. But before I do, about 20 of us women gathered together on Thursday eve ( you all are welcome to join us- it's every other Thursday) and we talked about "peace". Know this: There is one who is a thief- He loves to steal, kill and destroy. He wants to steal your peace. Your Father in Heaven deeply desires you and I to know deep, deep peace. If you are not experiencing peace today- go to your Father and ask Him to reveal to you the "truth that will set you free." and fight hard against the evil one, resisting the negative thoughts that come into your mind and FILL your mind with God's words. You are loved deeply! I am CONVINCED of this. I love journeying with all of you.

I've tried to attach the verses on peace we looked at on Thursday. I hope you can open it and His words will water your soul. Off to caring for 5 beautiful children and 1 wonderful husband. K.link