Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Words. They are so powerful.

Good morning friends. Happy inauguration day. A historical day for sure.
After having been up for awhile now reading His words, praying, worshipping (especially for the sparkles on the snow..isn't that a great idea!) and wondering How I could encourage you today, this is what is on my heart.
Words. They are so powerful. In fact,in just writing a note to a friend I quoted the verse, "The tounge has the power of life and death." Proverbs 18:21
Jesus so desires us to bring life into each other's lives....not death. As you go about your day today, as you yield yourself to God and depend on His Holy Spirit to lead you may you be able to say what Jesus said,
"For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me WHAT TO SAY AND HOW TO SAY IT....." John 12: 49
You do know that God is sending you somewhere today don't you? "As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." John 20:21. As you acknowledge Him this day, He will direct your paths. May your eyes be open and looking to where and to whom he sends you. May your heart be crying out to him, "Father, tell me what to say to this gas station clerk, this homeless man, this pilate's instructor,...... and tell me how to say it ( timing?? tone???)
May we bring LIFE everywhere we go today...especially in our homes! "By Him, For Him." Kristy Link