Sunday, January 18, 2009

Worship Him

Hey Water girls (women is what I really want to say but it doesn't sound right)- Happy Sunday. May you revel in the fact that we can come and worship our God together freely- with no fear of being persecuted. It is a gift never to be taken for granted.
A truth I consider every Sunday morning to prepare my heart to worship is "Since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful and so worship God ACCEPTABLY with REVERENCE and AWE." Hebrews 12:28
Each Sunday morning I look back over my week and consider the reasons I have for standing in awe of Him.
*God says He goes after his lost sheep. God says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, don't lean on your own understading. In all your ways acknowledge him and He will direct your paths." Prov. 3:5 So I acknowledge him daily and it's fun to see where He directs my paths. This week, I have crossed paths with a neighbor of mine, twice, in the most random places. He is a neighbor who does not know God and I am convinced God is pursuing Him through me. How it makes me stand in AWE that He truly directs our paths without us even knowing it. Yet- as soon as I saw my neighbor the Spirt of God within me was going crazy and I was compelled to join God in his activity and pray hard for this precious soul.
* Today is my son, Jake's 11th birthday. 11 years ago last night Rob and I were at Barnes and Nobles waiting for this first baby of ours to come into this world.(so Jake and I are now making it a tradition to go to B & N the night before his birthday and he can pick out a book for his first birthday gift). 11 years ago today, at this time, I was at Bronson hospital ready to give birth to what we weren't sure. Every birthday I read the following verse to my children (and myself):
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself GIVES ALL MEN LIFE AND BREATH AND EVERYTHING ELSE. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and HE DETERMINED THE TIMES SET FOR THEM AND THE EXACT PLACES WHERE THEY SHOULD LIVE. Goed did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." Acts 17:24-27
So meditate on that truth before you go to church and may these words cause you to be in AWE of Him. Gotta go get ready for a morning birthday celebration. See you in a few hours to worship our Creator. K.Link