Thursday, January 29, 2009

Leave your life in God's hands...

We have a new haircut in the family. Reese decided she wanted to "look AWESOME like her brothers" so she took matters (and scissors) into her own hands. What she thought would turn out "awesome" , well, to put it bluntly , turned out ....oh, what word, what word would I use...MUCH LESS than awesome.( If anyone has a good word, please let me know)

We are like Reese. We are constantly taking matters into our own hands trying to make them "awesome". Unfortuanately, when we do that we get a haircut like Reese. David could relate to this when he said, "Though I constantly take my life in my hands, I will not forget your law." Psalms 119:109

May you wait upon the One who really knows what is awesome and gives what is awesome. May you wait for His leading and His perfect timing. May you know His ways and follow His ways. May you hold tightly to His ways and words even when it seems if you do it your way it will be "awesome".The ONLY way to an AWESOME life is allowing Jesus Christ to be your Master and to trust Him soooo deeply you do everything He commands.

Crystal, Denise, Erika,.......Help! Have any advice??? Looking forward to seeing many of you tonight. K.link

**************

Hey Watergirls- anybody have any time to water a thirsty soul?/ My friend, Amanda, is a single mom with 3 boys and 1 girl. She fell the other day and twisted/maybe broke her ankle and is having a hard time getting around. She mentioned getting the kids dinner has been hard and they've been living off of cereal. I would love to overwhelm her with some good River lovin' through some yummy meals provided for her family. Does anyone have any time to make her a meal and bring it to her home???? If the answer to that is "yes" will you please e-mail me and we can set something up. I love that I can simply ask you all knowing that you have such beautiful, helpful souls. I totally understand if the timing of things doesn't work out as we all have busy lives.Just thought I'd ask. Talk to you in the morning. K.Link

FOLLOW-UP:
I'm overwhelmed. You guys are the CHURCH! You are the hands of our Father caring for His child that He loves sooo much. I've gotten my friend hooked up for over a week thanks to you. I don't think at this time I need any more help.Thank you, thank you, thank you. I believe her soul will be watered. K.Link