Yesterday, while Jake was at an ice skating party, he was playfully pushed, fell to the ground and chipped his front tooth right off. How quickly things happen. One minute you are standing there laughing with friends the next minute you're on the ice rink looking for your tooth. None of us know what the next minute will bring. Some of you know this so painfully well. Perhaps that is why God is constantly encouraging us to be prepared! Listen to His words:
"PREPARE your minds for action; be self-controlled;set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: 'Be holy, because I am holy." 1 Peter 1:13-16
Prepare- make ready beforehand
Fill your mind with God's words before this day begins. Allow His words to influence your behavior and attitude (how you are going to act). As followers of Jesus- we are His representatives in this world showing them through our actions and words who He is; how wonderful, loving, forgiving, patient, gentle, pure- hating everything that destroys beauty, merciful,gracious and peaceful he is.
"whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ." Phillipians 1:27
"Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14
As we prepare our minds by eating His words all day long, as we are self-controlled, obedient children- careful in how we conduct ourselves- as we seek to be holy by allowing His Spirit to lead us into everything that is right and "hating what is evil; clinging to what is good." is it possible that people may want our God because of our lives? I believe so.
You have no idea what today will bring but if you prepare your mind for action- you may just have the opportunity to reveal your Father to this hurting world. I love you all! Now go prepare.K.Link
p.s. I can't tell you how many times I have had to go to people seeking their forgiveness because I had not prepared my mind and I did not act like my Father. However, "Though a righteous man falls seven times, he gets back up!" Prov.24:16. May we never stop seeking to be holy so that this world may see our God.