Monday, July 5, 2010

"....good stored up....."

Happy HOT Mom Monday! Whew!!! It is warm here in K-zoo, MI and it's only 7:30a.m. For some reason, this verse is on my mind this morning: 

"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is reconized by its fruit. .....For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good STORED UP IN HIM, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken."
 Matthew 12:33-36

By this verse in my Bible I have a prayer/plea written by me in ink . The prayer/plea is

"Help me STORE UP GOOD in the hearts of my children."

Perhaps it's on my mind because yesterday I had a conversation with a mom who just said goodbye to her 18 year old son and is at that good yet difficult place of having to let her son go.  After our conversation, I was once again reminded how fast time goes and my time to parent my children and "STORE UP GOOD" in them is not something to let slip through my fingers. The time is NOW to make the most of every opportunity to pour GOOD into them.

May we, as moms, ask ourselves today and every day "How can I  help store up good in my children?" 

Here are some of the definitions for the word, "Good";

1. Having positive or desirable qualities
2. Not spoiled or rotten; able to be used
3. in excellent condition; whole; sound
4.Superior to the average
5.Of high quality
6.Complete; thorough
7. pleasant; enjoyable
8. of moral excellence:virtuous;; upright
9. cheerful; kind; loyal
10. well-behaved; obedient

"Discipline your son, and he will give you peace; he will bring delight to your soul." Prov. 29:17

"Good" is good to the soul.  I'd love to hear your ideas of how you "store us good" in the hearts of your children. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy JOY LInk


 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26