Thursday, July 1, 2010

"That didn't feel good to my soul."

    As I was spending some time out and about yesterday, the selfishness in humanity was blatantly obvious to me.  While I was at Lowes speaking with one of the workers, I paused for a moment to try and recall a name of a tree. In that split second, another woman, instead of waiting her turn, seized the moment and began asking the worker her question taking him over for herself.  I left the two of them to chat to figure things out on my own thinking to myself, "That didn't feel good to my soul."

    On my way out of the parking lot I came to a stop sign. The car that was across from me and had gotten there before me went his turn. The car behind him, however, instead of waiting his turn after me decided to try to slip through quick with the car in front of him.  I'm sure he had a good reason for his haste, however, I thought to myself, "That didn't feel good to my soul."

    At the check-out lane in Hobby Lobby, I couldn't help notice the woman behind me.  She had pulled out LAST WEEKS 40% of coupon desiring to use it for this week. I also had a 40% off coupon in my purse from last week and understood this woman's desire and temptation to try to use it for this week, but, being a fairly frequent shopper at the H.L, I knew that was not allowed.  What stood out to me was the way this woman treated the cashier after she was told she couldn't use the coupon.  The cashier was simply doing her job but she received the wrath and cold shoulder from this woman who was not allowed to use her expired coupon.I'm sure the cashier was thinking "Oooohh.....that doesn't feel good to my soul." ( actually..........that's probably NOT what she was thinking. She was probably thinking much worse)

    I most certainly could relate to all these selfish people. After alll, God's word says,

" You have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgement do the SAME THINGS." Romans 2:1

" No temptation has seized you except what is commom to man......." 1 Corinthians 10:13

Although we can understand the temptation to put ourselves first, and I'm sure given into the temptation many times,  Oh........for the sake of God's name, for the sake of LOVE, for the sake of bringing more peace, joy and beauty to the earth..........may we as women who have chosen to follow Jesus and seek first the kingdom of God, RESIST the temptation to put ourselves first. May we seek to leave each soul we encounter thinking, " Hmmmmmm.....that felt GOOD to my soul" rather than " Ooohhhhh..that DIDN'T feel good to my soul." 

As we are "out and about" today, may we make our Father proud. After all, "Nothing in all of creation is hidden from his sight."  Hebrews 4:12............" ........your Father, who sees what is done in secret,  will reward you." Matthew 6:4

Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy

 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26