Friday, July 2, 2010

".......will NOT be disappointed."

    Mail time around the Link home is always a time of a little excitment. You never know what might just be in that special little box when you open it up. Often the words, "Is there anything for me?" come out of at least one of my kids mouths on a regular basis (just yesterday I found myself saying it). The other day when I opened our box of possible excitement you will never believe what was in there. There among all the bills and boring mail was a note addressed to Kristy Link from B.Moore. I couldn't believe my eyes! What!!!!!
B. Moore. For those of you who don't know why that would hold any significance for me, there is a woman by the name of Beth Moore who is an amazing teacher of God's word . I have the greatest respect for her and secretly in my heart kind of want to be like her.  As I held this note in my hand a million thoughts were going through my mind. "This can't be from Beth Moore. She has no idea who I am." "What in the world would Beth Moore have to say to me?"  "This is NOT from Beth Moore!.....Oh, but what if it is?"...etc....... I was sooooo excited/nervous to open it I set it down on my table to wait for just the right time when I'd be able to sit and take it all in. When the right time had finally come, I nervously and slowly opend the note to find a bill from a woman by the name of Brandy Moore who works at Winchell Elementary where my kids go to school.  Although I didn't REALLY think it was from Beth Moore, the possibilty of it got me a little
excited. So, needless to say, I was a little DISAPPOINTED.

Many of you, I KNOW, have dealt with much greater disappointment than that. I have as well, I just thought that was a funny story that just happened.  We ALL deal with disappointment in many things.  Allow me the joy of sharing with you what God's Word has to say about  disappointment.

"My God, my God, whay have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent. Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the praise of Isreal. In you our fathers put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them. They cried out to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were NOT DISAPPOINTED." Psalm 22:1-5

"Does a maiden forget her jewelry , a bride her wedding ornaments? Yet my people have forgotten me, days without number. How skilled youare at pursuing love! Even the worst of women can learn from your ways......Why do you go about so much changing your ways? You WILL BE DISAPPOINTED by Egypt as you were by Assyria. You will also leave that place wit hyour hands on your head, for the Lord has rejected those you trust; you will not be helped by them." Jeremiah 2:36


"Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in me WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." Isaiah 49:23


Have you been disappointed in something/someone lately????? God says that we will be disappointed. The ONLY ONE who will NOT DISAPPOINT us is him.  He sees the big picture of life. He knows what he has in store for us......in this life AND the life to come.  Trust him!  Seek to be obedient to everything He whispers in your ear and prompts you to do or where to go. Know His commands and do His commands. Surrender everything to Him.

 I remember when Rob and I went to Ireland and I had chosen this place from on line.  I prayed and prayed the whole time I was looking that God would lead us to the perfect place for us. It looked awesome from the pictures on the internet but you never know. I will never forget the feeling I had when  we arrived at our place and I walked through these gates into this AMAZING garden. It was MORE than I had dreamed. I remember having the thought, "Oh surely God, heaven will be even more glorious than this. You are not a God who disappoints."

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to his power that is at work within us,....."Ephesians 3:20

"I consider that our present suffeirngs are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." Romans 8:18

Wait on Him for His perfect timing. Call on him and trust that he hears you and knows exactly what you need. Hold on to the promise that those who hope in him WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link
 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26