Monday, July 26, 2010

Mom Monday......."would still choose a family like mine"

Why is it so encouraging to hear that my family isn't the only family on the
earth that fights? Why does it breathe so much life and hope into my
soul hearing that I can still be proud of my family for all that we are despite
our weaknesses and failures???  I'm not sure, but I know that I was discouraged
with fighting children, I listened to this song off one of my favorite c.ds
(thanks, Karin V.A!), cried, and when the song was over my soul was soooo
thankful for my family and I had regained perspective.  I was encouraged and I
could agree with the final words of this song.


                                            A Family Like Mine
                                                        by Jon Troast


Little rough around the edge
I'm found in the middle
growing up with 7 kids
we all got our fill
a crazy way to live
it often got loud
But you would be proud
to come from a family like mine

We didn't always get along
cuz our paths crossed a lot
BUT HAVING BROTHERS YOU CAN FIGHT
IS BETTER THAN NOT
Practicing for life
inside those four walls
and I learned it all
living with a family like mine

I don't recall ...all of the details
But I know that life is better when shared.

Mama kept us all in line
My dad he just laughed
If we only had one
 we'd only have half
The sum of the two
was a beautiful plan
You'd understand
If you had a family like mine

If I ever had the chance
to choose my own life
with a family that was rich
THAT NEVER DID FIGHT
One that always smiled
and showed up on time
I know that I
WOULD STILL CHOOSE A FAMILY LIKE MINE."


You might be able to relate to parts of this song, but like me, not ALL of it.
In OUR home, dad does NOT Just laugh while I try to keep all of our kids in
line. Perhaps you are an only child or have only one child or no children. 
Whatever your story, the life-giving message of this song to me is choosing to
be thankful for what you do have in a family allowing yourselves to not be
perfect. This is a message I believe our children need to hear from us that if
we had the chance we would still CHOOSE THEM to be our children. However, we
don't have the chance to choose our own families. God has chosen them for
us.......for a reason. May we be thankful and sing beautiful, encouraging,
life-giving songs over them letting them know the reasons they make us proud.

"The Lord your God is with you,
he is might to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
HE WILL REJOICE OVER YOU WITH SINGING." Zephaniah 3:17

Perhaps we should all make up our own songs about our families giving them a
gift of love and breathing life into their souls. Blessings from Bombadil.
Kristy Joy LInk


 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so
that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on
account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26