Friday, July 16, 2010

A Wind

    After I had written yesterday's blog on watching over my flowers, I engaged
in the task of watering those beauties. While I was doing that, my dad came over
to work on some things in our home. He handed me his I-pod and wanted me to
listen to this c.d. he enjoyed. He thought I would enjoy it as well. It was by
Micheal Card and it was based on the Book of Revelations.WOW! Was he right. I
REALLY enjoyed it. The c.d began with this powerful prelude that had an
Irish/Scottish sound to it and had all that was needed to be in the movie,
Braveheart (my fav.) during the climax of an epic battle. It was a delight to
the soul. However, that wasn't what delighted my soul most while I was watering
my flowers and listening to this awesome c.d.  What captured me yesterday and
yet this morning was while I was doing those two things (watering my flowers and
listening to the c.d) I closed my eyes for a few minutes to take in all the
beauty and closeness of God. I whispered an "I love you" and although I was
standing upright, I was bent all the way to the ground in worship of the creator
of flowers and music. At that very moment, what seemed like out of nowhere
having been a calm & muggy summer morning, came a powerful strong wind
that enveloped me while my eyes remained closed. It lasted only a moment and as
soon as I opened my eyes the wind settled down and it was calm the rest of the
morning. It was as if God wanted me to know He was there, he is real and he was
receiving my adoration. It truly took my breath away.

    So this morning, as I reflected on yesterday I couldn't help but think of
that experience and wonder, "Oh God, was that you?..........Am I crazy?...It
certainly was a moment I will never forget and it brought the greatest wonder,
peace and joy to my soul. I looked up the word 'Wind" in my Bible and here is
what I found:

"He who forms the mountains,
CREATES THE WIND,
and reveals his thoughts to man
he who turns dawn to darkness,
and treads the high places of the earth-
the LORD God Almighty is his name." Amos 4:13

and

".....He got up and rebuked the WIND and the raging waters; the storm subsided,
and all was calm. "Where is your faith?" he asked his disciples. In fear and
amazement they asked one another, "Who is this? He commands even the WINDS and
the water, and they obey him." Luke 8:24 & 25


He most certainly could have sent that wind at just that moment to speak to my
soul of his closeness.

After all, his word also says:

" Without faith it is impossible to please God, becasue anyone who comes to
him MUST BELIEVE that he exists and that he REWARDS those who earnestly seek
him." Hebrews 11: 6

and

" Did I not tell you that IF you BELIEVED, you would see the glory ( praise,
honor, renown, magestic beauty and splendor) of God?" John 11:40

He is a God who desires to REWARD us for seeking him. He is a God who delights
in showing his awesomeness to those who believe in him.

As for me, I'll cherish yesterday's experience of being enveloped by a brief
moment of a strong wind while watering flowers, listening to a powerful song,
and whispering words of adoration to my Maker.  I will accept that as a little
"reward" and a moment of seeing his glory. I wonder how He'd like to reward YOU,
my fellow seekers and believers,  & show YOU his glory, today??? Blessings from
Bombadil. Kristy LINK
 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so
that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on
account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26