players to come out and receive their autographs. As we were waiting, there were all kinds of people walking around looking somewhat important and like they definately contributed in making this evening and organization happen. There was one man, however, who carried an air of REAL importance. He was an older man walking with a cane accompanied by a few men in suits who seemed ready to do his will at a momen'ts notice. The man walked through the hallway waving and smiling to which I responded with a wave and a smile but feeling somewhat embarrassed that I didn't have a clue who this man was. I guess I did have one suspicion knowing that the founder/owner of this team was Mr. Rich DeVos, also the founder of Amway, but I wasn't sure. It was at this point that I thought to myself, "If this is Mr. DeVos, it is a shame I don't recognize him as he is the one who truly makes all of this possible. Without him there would be no Orlando Magic basketball
team (that would be a terrible thing, wouldn't it dad?). As soon as I sat down by my dad in our seats I had to find out who that man was. Sure enough, it was Mr. Rich DeVos. - the man who really deserved to be thanked and giving away his autograph (if you're into the autograph thing which personally, I'm really not). I sat there thinking, "How sad it would feel to have created something so wonderful for thousands and thousands of people, but not to be recognized and receive thanks for all you've done." The experience reminded me of how Jesus must have felt.
"He was in the world, and though the WORLD (a little bit more wonderful than an NBA team/organization) was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him." John 1:10
"For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him." Romans 1:21
May I encourage us today to reflect on the truth that this world was made through him. May we give credit where credit is due. May we give thanks to the One who really deserves to be thanked and worshipped and served. May we recognize him and his activity by studying the Scriptures and knowing who is behind this wonderful creation. As Earth Day approaches, may the earth not receive our praise but rather the Creator of the earth. God's word says,
"They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator- who is forever praised." Romans 1:25
May we recognize Him and may we thank Him. Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. Kristy Joy Link
P.s- I just wrote a letter to Mr. DeVos thanking him for all he has done. I also brought a concern of mine to his attention knowing that he is really the one who has some power to do anything. Perhaps this approaching Earth day we should write a letter to the Creator of the earth thanking Him for His creation. As we carry concerns in this life may we bring them to the One who has the power to bring about change. Bring your concerns to the Most High.