I'm sure many of you have heard of the part of the "Serenity prayer" that goes like this:
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference."
Have you ever heard of the rest of it? Oh- it is so beautiful. Allow me the pleasure of sharing it with you;
"Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen."
I am sooooo "reasonably happy" in this life. I have been blessed beyond measure and I thank Him every day of my life.Ask me why and I can give you a list of hundreds of reasons, my husband, children and family being on the top of that list. And yet, there continues to be this ache in my soul, this longing for a world where every single soul loves Him deeply and where there is no more sin (in myself and others), no more pain and crying. Where I am "supremely happy with Him" in the next life. To those who don't know what I'm talking about it could sound "suicidal." Oh- but it's not. It's what I believe Timothy refers to when He says, "To all who have LONGED (yearned; wish earnestly; desire greatly) for his appearing." 2 Timothy 4:8. I simply hunger for paradise and there is no paradise this side of heaven. I was feeling that longing this weekend as I experienced many who don't love Him (yet....hopefully) and the temptations and sin of this world. That longing was lingering in my soul on Saturday morning when Zeke woke up. Zeke is my almost 7yrs old son who seems to have many dreams. As I was making our Saturday morning pancakes (with pure maple syrup thanks to Bob and Patty..mmmmmmmmm....), Zeke shared a dream he had of me that night. This is what he said:
" In my dream, dad and I both gave you a gift. Dad gave you the gift of being able to go anywhere you wanted to go. I gave you the gift of being anyone you wanted to be."
So, extremely curious, I asked him, "where did I want to go and who did I want to be?" He replied, "I don't remember who you wanted to be, but you wanted to go to heaven and be with Jesus."
I don't know what that was all about. However, I do know what if felt like. It felt like a whisper, "I know you, Kristy. I see you."
May I encourage you to live a well balanced life- A life of enjoying every moment you have been given as a gift, being "reasonably happy in this life." Also, hold on to the hope and longing of being "supremely happy with him in the next." May I encourage you to remember, whether Zeke's dream was really what it felt like or not, that the Bible says that God does indeed know us and see us. He knows the desires of our hearts. May He whisper to your heart today. Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. Kristy Joy Link