I'm inspired.
INSPIRED- to animate the mind or emotions of; To breathe life into; To rouse latent energies, ideals, or reverence.
About a week or so ago a man from my church, Matt Horvath, pulled me aside and said he wanted to blesss me and get some diapers for my children ( child actually- only one more in diapers...yeah!) He said he came into a little extra money and he really wanted to do that for me. One of the reasons this was so inspirational and heart-touching was because I don't believe this man has much money. He could have used his "extra" money for many other things for himself or for someone else who had a greater need, yet he REALLY wanted to do this for me. I had forgotten about his desire to bless me like that UNTIL I got to church yesterday and there he stood with a bag of 2 packages of diapers, wipes, joy in his heart and a smile on his face. It reminded me of this truth:
"Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generousity. For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints. And they did not do as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God's will. So we urged Titus, since he had earlier made a beginning, to bring also to completion this act of grace on your part. But just as you excel in everthing- in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in completle earnestness and in your love for us-see that you also excel in this grace of giving. I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others. For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich." 2 Corinthians 8:1-9
Not only was I inspired by his generousity and his joy in sharing, but also that he was a man of his word. He told me he was going to buy me diapers and he did it.....and he did not linger. He gave me the diapers within a week of telling me he was going to do that. I don't know about you, but sometimes I struggle being a woman of my word and following through quickly. But oh, how I want to be like my friend, Matt.....like my Master, Jesus.
May I encourage us to ask God to make us incredibly generous women- that we would "excel in that gift" . May we also ask God to make us into women who do what we say we are going to do and do it quickly. May God help us bring honor to His Name and beauty and righteousness to this earth by following His ways. Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. Kristy Link