Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Intercede!

Many of you have heard this story but it is on my heart to share again and with those who haven't heard it.

     Last year sometime, my family and I were coming home from a friend's house. Rob was driving, I was in the passenger seat and all 5 of our children were in the back. As we were riding, out of nowhere, a friend's name came to mind. As this name lingered in my mind, my heart became heavy for some reason and I began to pray. I wasn't really sure what to pray for or even why I was thinking about this name at this time, I only knew that I felt compelled to pray. So I did the only thing I knew to do and began saying, "Jesus, I bring Jamie's name before you. I don't know what he needs right now, but you do. Jesus, make your presence known to Jamie....Jamie, Jamie, Jamie.....(with a deep ache and "groaning" feeling)  . As I was praying this, Reese, my 3 yrs.old daughter, sitting behind Rob begins saying, "Jamie, Jamie, Jamie...............Jamie, Jamie, Jamie..." I turned to Rob and asked him "Why is she saying that name?" wondering if there was any
other reason besides the fact that I was praying for him at that very moment. There was no reason she would be saying that name. We hadn't talked about Jamie, I don't even think she knows a Jamie. I suspected that something amazing had just occured, but wasn't completely convinced......until it happened again a few days later.

    A few days later I was in my kitchen doing dishes (the story of my life) and Reese was in my sunroom close by. As I was standing there I felt an incredible burden for my cousin, Bobby, who was going through a difficult time. Again, I felt very compelled to pray not really knowing how. So, I simply said, "Jesus, you know Bobby, you know what he needs......Jesus ,I bring his name and needs before you.  Bobby (groan), Bobby, (groan), Bobby (groan)." As I am praying this in the quietness of my soul, Reese, who is playing in the room nearby, begins saying, "Bobby, Bobby, Bobby....Bobby, Bobbby, Bobby...." WE HAVE NOT TALKED ABOUT A BOBBY! I DON'T THINK SHE EVEN KNOWS A BOBBY! WHY IS SHE SAYING THAT AT THE EXACT MOMENT I AM BRINGING THAT NAME BEFORE THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE?????

So what in the world is that all about? Here is the only explanation I can give. God's word says,

"We know that the whole creation has been GROANING as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, GROAN INWARDLY as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies........In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT WE OUGHT TO PRAY FOR, BUT THE SPIRIT HIMSELF INTERCEDES FOR US WITH GROANS AND THAT WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:22-27

As a believer in Jesus Christ and as a woman who has asked to receive the Spirit of God, His Spirit lives in me. All I know is that I believe the Bible is true and I want to try to do what it says to do. The Bible says,

"Devote yourselves to prayer," Colossians 4:2

"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, INTERCESSION and thanksgiving be made for everyone." 1 Timothy 2:1


INTERCESSION- Entreaty in favor of another
INTERCEDE- to plead on another's behalf

GROAN- To voice a DEEP, wordless, prolonged sound expressive of pain, grief; to suffer oppression or strain

I have interceded for people many, many times and I have never known if God has heard me or not. I believe He surprised me with a gift through this experience letting me know through my daughter that He INDEED hears the prayers, intercessions and groans of my heart. I don't believe there is any other explanation for how my daughter could speak both names, with no knowledge of what was going on in my heart, at the EXACT moment I was praying for them UNLESS God somehow revealed it to Reese in order to encourage me to KEEP PRAYING FOR HIS PEOPLE BECAUSE HE HEARS OUR PRAYERS. I have interceded countless times since this experience and have not had any other experience like this and probably never will. However, He asks us to walk by Faith- being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. It was enough for me to experience this once and I will hold on to it forever. On those days I don't feel like interceding or it feels like I'm getting
nowhere in my prayers and simply talking to the clouds, I recall this experience and say, "OH NO! I KNOW MY GOD HEARS ME AND THESE PRAYERS MAKE A DIFFERENCE! I WILL PRAY AND INTERCEDE TO THE DAY I DIE!"

May I encourage you my friends to obey those promptings of your heart. When a name pops into your head out of nowhere, pray for that name. If you have said 'yes" to Jesus and received the Spirit of God- His Spirit lives in you. He wants to use you as a tool to bring His kingdom (" peace, joy, righteousness") in the lives of those around you. OUR INTERCESSIONS ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE! HE HEARS US! To those of you who are weary in interceding may I offer this truth,

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest IF we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. You are loved and you are seen.  Kristy Joy Link

"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should ALWAYS PRAY AND NOT GIVE UP!" Luke 18:1