Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The blame game

I don't know why this happens, but I often get blamed for things that go wrong by my children. The other day, one of my sons came out of his room and started "yelling" (not really....but sort of) at me asking me where I put his belt. I hadn't touched his belt, had no idea where it was and had no idea why I was the one being blamed for his missing belt.  Well, I found the missing belt under my bed right by where he had been the day before.  This has happened many times where the blame for something gets thrown on me. It can be so hurtful as a parent, when all day long I am seeking to communicate my love to my children and then they blame me for something I had no part in and many times question my goodness or love for them during the "blame game."

Why do my children do this??? Or the better question is, "why do WE do this?"

Listen to Proverbs 19:3;

"A mans' OWN FOLLY ruins his life,
yet his heart rages AGAINST THE LORD."


Ugh! How many times have I done this to my heavenly Father hurting his heart by accusing him for my own folly, the way may children hurt mine???!!!!

May we be children who accept responsibility for our own foolishness and refuse to blame God for all of our problems. May we learn the wisdom and obedience he soooooooo desires us to learn.

I LOVE Psalm 92:14 & 15 ..........it says:

"They will still bear fruit in old age,
they will stay fresh and green,
proclaiming, "THE LORD IS UPRIGHT;
HE IS MY ROCK, AND THERE IS NO WICKEDNESS IN HIM."

There is NO wickedness in our Creator. He is soooooo good and loves us more than we can imagine.

May we be like Job, who after losing EVERYTHING , "did not SIN by charging God with wrongdoing." Job 1:22

So the next time our hearts rage against God, desiring to blame him or accuse him of wickedness or wrongdoing- May we be quick to pull out these "swords."

Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link