Monday, February 8, 2010

"Have you never read?"

I witnessed the most beautiful thing yesterday at our gathering of believers. As I walked into the room where hundreds of people were worshipping God through music and song my eyes focused first on one 2 yrs. old little girl who was raising her hands and praising God. I  then noticed another 3 yrs. old little girl who stood up on stage with her daddy dancing around while he played guitar.  What was it about that that was so beautiful, so heart stirring? I think it was this:


Matthew 21:16:
"Do you hear what these children are saying?' they asked him.
'Yes,' replied Jesus, 'have you never read,
"FROM THE LIPS OF CHILDREN AND INFANTS YOU HAVE ORDAINED PRAISE?" ( ' you've taught children to praise you' , or 'you've created praise')

and

Psalm 8:2 from the Message;

"Nursing infants gurgle choruses about you;
toddlers shout the songs
that drown out enemy talk,
and silence athesit babble."


It's so pure. It's so simple; It's so real and true. It's so from God. They hear the name and message of Jesus and they believe it and they accept it.I remember hearing the wonderful message of Jesus when I was a very little girl and knowing in the depths of my soul it was truth. I LOVED JESUS because I knew I was naughty but Jesus was perfect &  he  loved me so much he gave himself up for my naughtiness. I've been thankful to him ever since.

It reminds me of Matthew 18:1-4

"At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the  kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever HUMBLES HIMSELF like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."


I love how Jesus said, "have you never read.....?" The Scriptures say that children will praise him and guess what?  Children praise him!

May we praise Jesus like little children and may we be careful to read Scripture because what the Bible says will happen is going to happen.  Jesus knew Scripture inside and out, used it to fight all his temptations saying, "It is written.....", and says,

 "You are in error because you don't know Scripture or the power of God." Matthew 22:29.

 May we not be in error. May we not hear him say to us, "Have you never read?..."      May we not be surprised by anything that comes our way because we know and believe God's words.
Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link