Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Remember

This morning, I have been spending time "REMEMBERING" all the good experiences and qualities with/of grandpa Link, my grandpa-in-law who passed away on Sunday. God desires all of us to REMEMBER.  He wants you and I to remember him.

" Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always.
REMEMBER the wonders he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced."
1 Chronicles 16:11 & 12

"The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is FOR YOU; do this in REMEMBERANCE of me." In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in REMEMBERANCE  of me. For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes." 1 Corinthians 11:23-26

My heart became more and more full this morning as I remembered grandpa. May your heart and mine become more and more full, full of joy, peace and hope, as we remember God's work in our lives, who He is, what he promises us,  and what he has already done for us. Everytime I go to the grocery store I buy myself some grape juce and bread and for as long as it lasts, in the middle of the  afternoon I have my own personal communion remembering what he gave up for me. Doing this often creates a thankfulnelss in my heart and encourages me in seeking to "lay down my life for the sake of my friends" just as he did and calls us to.    I don't always know HOW to do this but remembering him often causes me to at least acknowledge him and ask him how he wants me to sacrifice for the day.

May we all become really good "rememberers," - rememberers of Him! Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link