Monday, February 1, 2010

"Im not.........................., Me............................................!"

My daughter,Elyse, woke up WAY TOO EARLY this morning. As I carried her downstairs I said to her, "I'm going to call you "earlybird"....you little earlybird." She quickly responded with, "I'm not "earlybird," mommy, me "Eassee"(the nickname her family has given her/short for Elyse).

She knows her TRUE name. She knows who she is.  Do you?Would you be able to quickly correct someone or yourself when you are called a different name............maybe a "bad" name?

Let me share a few truths from God's word that describes who we are as believers in Jesus:


When you hear someone or yourself calling you "unloved" can you reply back quickly,

"I'm not "unloved", me "CALLED, LOVED BY GOD & KEPT BY J.C."

"To those who have been CALLED, who are LOVED BY GOD THE FATHER and KEPT BY JESUS CHRIST."
Jude 1:1


When you hear somone or yourself call you "good for nothing," can you reply back quickly,

"I'm not a "good-for -nothing, I'm "CHOSEN FOR OBEDIENCE TO JESUS." 1 Peter 1:2

When you hear someone or yourself call you, "screw-up", can you reply back quickly saying,
"I'm not "screw-up", I'm "PERFECT FOREVER & BEING MADE HOLY"   (all b/c of what Jesus has done for  us) Hebrews 10:14


When you hear someone or yourself calling you " don't belong", can you quickly say back

"I'm not "don't belong", I'm "BELONG & ARRANGED JUST AS HE WANTED ME TO BE."
 1 Corinthians 12:14-18

When you hear someone or yourself call you, "All alone", can you quickly say back,

"I'm not "all-alone", I'm/me "NEVER ALONE." 

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20

I could go on and on. May we know who we are today and what is really true about us as a believers in Jesus. May we be quick to fight back declaring who we really are. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link