Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"How much do you like me?"

I have made a precious little friend in the day care called the "Tot spot" at the YMCA. This adorable little 3 year old girl is there to welcome me every time I drop off my daughter.  She always comments on my pink watch telling me that she likes it and when she can't immediately see it asking me if I have it on. Yesterday, I told her that I ran by her mommy for a few minutes and told her that I really liked her little girl. With a HUGE smile on her face and a curious tone of voice she asked me, "HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE ME?"
Those words lingered with me for the rest of the day. Isn't that a question every girl, young and old, carries in the depth of their soul? A question they bring to their parents, friends, husbands, etc..........Oh how deeply we long to be liked /loved. Where does that question come from? Why is it in every single soul? Who is the question for , REALLY?

Colossians 1:16 says,
"All things were created BY HIM & FOR HIM."

We were made FOR HIM- , to love HIM and be loved by HIM, to please HIM, and to delight HIM and be delighted in by HIM.  

If we bring this question to other people we may be very disappointed. People fail us. We fail people.

But God, Ohhhhh, but God,

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I WILL NOT FORGET YOU! SEE, I HAVE ENGRAVED YOU ON THE PALMS OF MY HANDS;" (JESUS) Isaiah 49:15 & 16

"For God SOOOOO loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


" This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us....." 1 John 3:16

"Greater LOVE has NO ONE than this, that he lays down his life for his friends."John 15:13

If we bring that question of, "How much do you like me?" to God, the One we should bring the question to, his answer is soooo clear,

"I love you/like you enough to give up my life for you, to pay with my life for all the wrongs YOU have done."

"Even the very hairs of your head are all numbered." Matthew 10:30


May we find our strength, our security and our joy in BELIEVING that God loves us more than anyone else ever will or could, and he loves us UNCONDITIONALLY. May we RECEIVE HIS LOVE.  And when others fail to love us/like us the way we hunger for may we turn to Jesus.  Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy