Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gray hair

I could have gotten depressed yesterday as I picked off my 6th strand of GRAY hair that I found on the  black fleece I was wearing for  the day. I FOUND 6 PIECES OF GRAY HAIR..........ALL FROM ME.........................IN ONE DAY! I couldn't believe it. I found myself wondering if God was trying to speak to me about something involving gray hair. There certainly is a truth in God's word about gray hair:

"GRAY HAIR is a crown of splendor;
it is attained by a righteous life." Prov. 16:31

or in the Message version:

"GRAY HAIR is  a mark of distinction;
an award for a God-loyal life."


I certainly know many people with gray hair who haven't lived a God - loyal life. I saw one on "Funniest Home Videos" last night when an 80 something old grandma was asked to speak into the camera and tell the world something she wanted them to hear and she chose the words, 'Tell the world to go to he.."  Ouch...........!

Our world places a lot of value on the young and "beautiful" in the worlds eyes. However, in God's kingdom,  having more years of learning wisdom, learning to fear God  and walk with Him is what is to be praised.

It's said again in Prov. 31:30:

"Charm is deceptive and beauty is vain (fleeting); but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

May we make it our goal to cherish wisdom, adore experience and years with God,and  accept life as God has ordained it through seasons of life. May we not accept the world's view of getting older but rather God's view which places such incredible honor and esteem on living many, many years and hopefully coming to the place of great wisdom and adoration of the one who we were made for.

"Rise in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the Lord."
 Leviticus 19:32

May we live a "God-Loyal life"! Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy