of milk and sad that bedtime would have to wait, hearing the phrase, "Don't cry over spilt milk," looked at my children and began laughing and continued on with soaking up the "sea."
This morning I was curious just what is the meaning of "Don't cry over spilt milk?"
Here is what I found:
" Don't worry about something that has already happened. You are not going to be able to get the milk back into your glass ( GALLON CONTAINER) by crying over it- so work on fixing the problem."
"If we make a mistake and something gets broken, it is not helpful to wail and lament instead we should clean it up and get on with it."
"What has happened has happened."
So is this phrase Biblical? Would God whisper in our ear, 'Hey precious child of mine, "don't cry over spilt milk.....let's just clean it up and move on....together"
Oh, I believe it is Biblical and I do think these are the words God would whisper to us. However, I do think he would allow us a few minutes/days/weeks (however long its needed) to cry to get out the pain and disappointment, but then he would gently guide us to move on. He doesn't hold our sins against us. He has made us perfect through Jesus.
lISTEN:
"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead." Phillipians 3:13
"Forget the former things: do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?" Isaiah 43:18 & 19
"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17
"For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again." Prov. 24:16
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
So - if you have regrets over your past, perhaps you need to hear God whisper to you, "What has happened, has happened..............I've already cleaned up you rmess through offering you Jesus, now, lets move forward and become all that you are, that lovely, beautiful woman I am helping you become because I love you more than you can imagine.....don't cry over spilt milk, my precious, precious daughter.....well, cry for a little while if you need to." Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy- the milk spiller.
"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26