Wednesday, April 21, 2010

equality

Yesterday I was making some blender drinks to bring to some people who were in need of some refreshment. I thought they had 2 boys and so I filled 4 blender drink cups- 2 for the couple and 2 for the boys.  After looking at the cups and seeing them filled to the brim, I had the thought, "Oooh- I'm not POSITIVE they only have 2 boys. I better call and make sure b/c that would be a bummer if someone gets left out."  So THANKFULLY, I called (probably a prompting/whisper of the Holy Spirit who knows all things), and found out they have 3 children, not just 2.  My blender was empty as I had poured all of it into the 4 cups,  so I began taking a little from each of the very full cups. By the time I was done, the cups that were overflowing were still full, although not to the brim and the one that was empty had just as much as the others. I had 5 EQUAL cups of blender drink to bless my friends with.As I stood back looking at these cups I
sensed God trying to whisper to me. It was one of those moments my spirit knew there was a deep truth and lesson in this. There was something sooo beautiful and right in every cup contributing to make an empty cup full, and all the cups equal.   I'm still allowing this experience to sink deep into my heart and asking God what this means for me. Here is the truth that came to mind through this experience:

"Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be EQUALITY. At the present time your plenty will supply what THEY NEED, so that in turn their plenty will supply what YOU NEED. Then there will be EQUALITY, as it is written: "He who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little." 2 Corinthians 8:13-15 

May God, who loves us all the same, do His work in us through these words. Blessings from Bombadil.
Kristy Link
 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26