Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Passion

Did any of you watch the movie, The Passion" during this past Holy week? My family watched it Saturday night. It is an incredibly disturbing movie. There were many times I had to look away. As I turned my face away, I watched my 12, 10 and 7 years old sons watch with jaws dropped open as they whipped Jesus again and again. As awful as it is to watch what he went through, it is such a NEEDED reminder of what he sacrificed on our behalf because of the depth of his love for us. As I watched, I kept thinking, "I don't EVER, not for a second, minute or hour, want to forget what he went through for ME!"

"For Christ died for sins once for ALL, the RIGHTEOUS for the UNRIGHTEOUS, to bring YOU to GOD."
1 Peter 3:18

"..YOU were redeemed from the empty way of life...with the PRECIOUS BLOOD of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen BEFORE the CREATION OF THE WORLD, but was revealed in these last times FOR YOUR SAKE." 1 Peter 1:18-20


"I do not set aside the GRACE OF GOD, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for NOTHING." Galatians 2:21

"Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if YOU LET YOURSELVES be circumcised, Christ will be of NO VALUE TO YOU AT ALL. Again I declare to every man who LETS HIMSELF be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the WHOLE LAW. You who are trying to be justified by law have been ALIENATED FROM CHRIST; You have fallen away from grace. But by FAITH we eagerly await THROUGH THE SPIRIT the righteousness for which we hope." Galatians 5:2-5

"Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. But because of his GREAT LOVE FOR US, GOD, who is RICH IN MERCY, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions- it is by GRACE you have been saved. .........For it is by GRACE you have been saved, through FAITH- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST." Ephesians 2:3-9

If you have not ever or  not recently watched the Passion, I highly recommend taking an evening this week and filling your mind with the story of what Jesus went through for us. He did not go through that for NOTHING. May what he went through ALWAYS BE OF VALUE to us. May we be eternally grateful, "overflowing with thankfulness" ( Colossians 2:6). And may we

"See to it that no one takes us captive through HOLLOW and DECEPTIVE philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world RATHER THAN ON CHRIST." Colossians 2:8

Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link

 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26