Friday, April 23, 2010

"I'm not afraid anymore."

Elyse, my almost 3 year old PRECIOUS little daughter, was walking upstairs yesterday ready to take her nap. Out of nowhere, she turned around to me as  I was walking behind her and said, "I'm not scared in my room anymore." I responded excitedly to her, "Oh Elyse, that's wonderful! How come?" With the utmost confidence and assurance she said, "Because JESUS loves me."

"...We KNOW and RELY on the love God has for us. God is LOVE....perfect love drives out fear."
1 John 4:16-18

"GOD has said,

'NEVER will I leave you;
NEVER will I forsake you( give up on you; desert you, abandon you, leave you altogether).'

So we say with CONFIDENCE,

' The Lord is my helper; I will NOT be AFRAID.
What can man do to me?"

Hebrews 13:5 & 6

As I was sharing this story with my husband, he said that he could totally remember losing his childhood fears when as a very young boy he believed that Jesus' love for him was real and true.

How beautiful. May this truth "dwell richly" in our souls and cause all fear to lose its grip on us. May we give every child we know this most precious gift of the knowledge of Jesus' love.  May we, like Elyse, be able to say with utmost confidence, "I'm not afraid anymore because Jesus loves me!"  Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy

 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26