magnets on it's hands and feet that I shared allowed him to do some cool tricks, gave him the opporutunity to stick to the bottom/underneath part of one of those metal chairs. When Rob came home and shared the news with Zeke and handed him his monkey, the screaming, dancing and hugging that took place in our home could have matched any joy of a last second winning shot of a basketball game (wow....I can't believe I just made a basketball analogy......I suppose my father and husband have had quite an influence on me). THE LOST WAS FOUND!
We found this experience to be a great time to share this passage/truth with Zeke :
" Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him. But the pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them." Then Jesus told them this parable:
'Suppose one of you has a hundered sheep (monkeys) and loses one of them. Does he not leave the 99 in the open country and go after the lost sheep UNTIL he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, "Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep (monkey)." I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over ONE sinner who repents than over 99 righteous persons who do not need to repent.
Or suppose a woman has 10 silver coins an loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully UNTIL she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin." In the SAME WAY, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over ONE sinner who repents." Luke 15:1-10
I share this with you, my friends, to remind you/us of 3 things:
* Jesus considers ALL of us soooo precious and either has pursued or is pursuing you because he wants us to be with him both now and forever, safe & under his care. He calls himself the "Good Shepherd." Be alert to God's pursuit of YOU. IT IS REAL!
*Heaven and all the angels that reside there are for us, and somehow ( I don't know how this works, I just believe it) are witnesses to our lives. There is so much going on involving us that we cannot physically see.
* We need to REPENT ( to feel remorse for what one has done or failed to do. To feel such remorse or regret for past conduct as to change one's mind regarding it. To be sorry) for all of our ways that aren't loving to God and people.
We are sooooo much more precious to God than this silly little magnetic monkey is to my son, Zeke. If you, like this monkey, are trying to hide from the One who loves you more than you can imagine, please come out from your hiding place. The angels in heaven are waiting to throw a party in your honor! Hmmmmm...a party???? a FOUND money party might just have to happen at the Link household. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link
"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26