Friday, April 30, 2010

"We love a challenge!!!"

Last night, my daughters and I were sitting outside on my front steps eating dinner when 2 neighbor boys pulled up on their bikes.  I had been wanting to see these 2 guys, who love to play with my youngest son, because I had wanted to apologize to them.  This past Christmas Eve they had come over with a plate of cookies and a  formal written "challenge" to a Link  Lads Vs. Bauser Boys snowball fight. I was told to simply ring our big bell ( an old school bell that sits outside our house) when we were ready to "war".   So a few weeks later, with the bell rung ( although I think it was actually their door bell that was rung), the battle began!  When the snowball fight actually ended, from what I've HEARD, a few of the "Link lads" didn't hold back and used a little TOO MUCH of their strength.  From my understanding, the snowball fight "idea" was more fun than the actual "fight." As the mother of these "lowdown" lads, I had wanted to apologize
to these 2  "bullied boys" for any harm my sons had caused. Since the apology, I haven't been able to get the oldest of the Bauser boy's response out of my head. His response to my last night's apology was, "That's okay, WE LOVE A CHALLENGE!"  No sooner than the words were out of his mouth,  he put his bike helmet back on, mounted his bike/"horse" and rode off down the road  with his trusty sidekick (his younger brother) probably in search of another adventure.  I finished my dinner with a smile on my face and a lingering question in my heart, "Hmmmmmm, do I love a challenge????" 

 CHALLENGE-     The quality of requiring FULL use one one's abilities, energy, or resources. A call to engage                             in a contest or a fight.


His spirit inspired me. I think unknowingly I have become  weary of the challenges I face and have been approacing them as burdens. I want to EMBRACE the challenges as part of the adventure, part of the shaping of my character, part of the opportunities to KNOW & EXPERIENCE GOD MORE DEEPLY.  I WANT to "LOVE" a challenge, and not run away from them or become weary and give up.  

What's that old quote, "The greater the challenge, the greater the glory!"

God has given us the GREATEST CHALLENGE.

It is the challenge, the call to ENGAGE (entangle, involve, engross, become meshed, enter into battle) in a fight for our faith.  A call to know him and make him known!!!!!!!!!!!

"But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF THE FAITH. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession int he presence of many witnesses.  In the sight of God, WHO GIVES LIFE TO EVERYTHING, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the GOOD CONFESSION, I charge you to keep this command without spot or blame UNTIL  THE APPREARING OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, which God WILL BRING ABOUT, in his own time- GOD, THE BLESSED AND ONLY RULER, THE KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, WHO ALONE IS IMMORTAL AND WHO LIVES IN UNAPPROACHABLE LIGHT, WHO NO ONE HAS SEEN OR CAN SEE. TO HIM BE HONOR AND MIGHT FOREVER. Amen!"  1 Timothy 6:11- 16

May we, like my "I love a challenge" neighbor,  Billy Bauser, LOVE, and not run away from or become weary of, the challenge and call to "FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF THE FAITH." Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link


 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26