Monday, April 5, 2010

Precious!

As I began my Easter day, yesterday, I pondered ways I have recently, personally experienced the reality of Jesus Christ being alive. My latest experience came this past week while I was in Florida visiting my mom and dad. My mom and I had been chatting on the phone about some things we wanted to do while we were together. One of those things was watching a movie we had both been hearing about called, Precious.  Perhaps you've heard about it or maybe not. It's a movie based on a true story (or so I was told) about a young girl's experience of growing up in a home with verbal and sexual abuse. My mom and I wanted to see it because we are very aware that this is a reality for many people that Jesus loves deeply and aches for.  After watching the movie, we sat around and chatted for quite awhile about how this movie reminded us of different people we know and love and wondering how we could be used to bring God's healing to their wounded
souls. It was brought up by my dad that perhaps I should watch this movie with one friend in particular. Her name came to mind often while I watched the movie and I found myself going to bed that night "groaning," praying/interceding for her. The next morning I texted her telling her I had watched this movie that made me think of her. She IMMEDIATELY called me curious about what movie I had watched. When I told her the movie, Precious, she completely "freaked out" because while I was sitting in Florida watching this movie on Tuesday evening and thinking and praying for her, she was in Michigan watching the same movie weeping and bawling her eyes out. We had never spoken of this movie with each other before. There had never been any mention of desiring to see this moive. However, there we both sat, in two different states, on the same night, at the same time watching the same movie; a movie that could be sooo healing to her soul and story; a
story which I have been so honored to be a part of.

Some may say, "Yeah, what is so cool about that?" or "That's a crazy coincidence."

No! No! It's soooo  much more than that. It confirms what Scripture teaches- that He loves us, sees us, desires to heal us, is the One who guides us into the perfect timing of what we need.

 It's a personal experience with God's "whispering" of  what He has revealed as truth in His word. It's evidence of Him being ALIVE and aware of my friend's situation/history/need for healing.

  1. "My Father is ALWAYS at his work to this very day...." John 5:16

    2. "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of stars and calls             them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit." Psalm 147:3

    3. "Your Father knows what you need before you ask him." Matthew 6:8

    4. "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

    5. "The Lord will guide you always." Isaiah 58:11

    6. "She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: "YOU ARE THE GOD WHO SEES ME."
        Genesis 16:13

    7. "Oh Lord, you have searched me and you KNOW me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive         my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all of my                 ways." Psalm 139: 1 -3

I could just picture Him, seated in Heaven, doing his work of arranging it, prompting our hearts to watch this movie at the same time. I could envision Him sitting back, watching both of us and looking forward to us discovering that we were both watching that movie at the same time. I could hear His whisper to both of us, his "daughters" that believe in him and love him, "You are PRECIOUS"

PRECIOUS- of high cost or worth; valuable; highly esteemed, cherished, dear, beloved.

Did I tell you that my friend had shared with me that the night before she had prayed and asked God for another sign of his love and reality??

May you be aware of his working all around you. May you believe and experience that He sees you, longs to heal you and is arranging things even now for revelations of himself. May you hear the most wonderful whisper that you are INDEED PRECIOUS to him. Why else would he have sent Jesus to take the penalty for all of your sin. " Even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are WORTH MORE THAN MANY SPARROWS."Matthew 10:30

He's alive!!! Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link

    
 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26