Words are powerful. There is no doubt about it. They affect the soul either negatively or positively. I remember some words I heard off of t.v. awhile ago and they actually had a very positive effect on me. These words came off of a commercial advertising some diet plan and said,
"DON'T FOCUS ON WHAT YOU ARE GIVING UP, FOCUS ON WHAT YOU ARE GETTING."
I liked that. So, I use those words sometimes in effort to help me get up in the morning to meet with God. Sleeping in can be tempting- but I KNOW that if I choose sleep over filling my mind with God's words, casting all my cares on Him, interceding (to plead/pray on another's behalf), praising and thanking Him, Preparing my mind and heart for the day ahead, it will come at a cost. What I get from getting up early and spending time with God far outweighs the reward/pleasure of sleeping in. When I meet with God what I get is:
* peace
* joy
* strength
* focus
* purpose/meaning
* answers to prayers which causes my faith to grow and my love for Him to increase
* a depth and richness of soul
* knowledge of the Holy One
* swords to use throughout my day in the battle and to help fight temptations meant to harm me
* a thankful heart vs. a negative/complaining heart
* a pure heart through seeking forgiveness for anything offensive to my God (a pure heart sees God.....Matthew 5:8)
* "the word that sustains the weary" Isaiah 50:4......food/nourishment for other hungry souls
* the opportunity to be "useful to the Master and prepared for any good work." 2 Timothy 2:21
* Discernment/wisdom/Truth
* love.........and the rest of the "fruits of the Spirit"- Galatians 5:22
* preperation for the day ahead leading to a richer/fuller/more meaningful experience
What I get when I sleep in is:
* a few more hours of "pleasure"
* missed opportunities for all the things mentioned above
So, you tell me what seems to be the better choice in the end.
'Don't focus on what you are giving up, focus of what you are getting."
As I awoke this morning and looked at my day ahead, I began thinking of the "Gathering of believers" (church) that will take place this evening.
God says, "Give thanks in all circumstances" 1 Thessalonians 5:18. So I gave thanks that
*I live in a country where I can meet with other believers without fear of being persecuted (although I think our brothers/sisters in those countries where there is not religious freedom don't EVER take their gatherings for granted)
*there are other people around me that do believe in the ONE, TRUE, LIVING GOD
*we have a building to host the gathering
*we have access to the "words of God"- I can't imagine being without them.
Then I began to "prepare my mind" and "arm myself with the attitude of Jesus". I looked up verses that talked about WHY we gather. I asked myself why am I going tonight? What is the purpose?
"I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong- that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith." - Romans 1:11
MY PRAYER; 'OH GOD- MAY I BE USED BY YOU TO HELP STRENGTHEN PEOPLE TONIGHT. WILL YOU USE SOMEONE TO STRENGTHEN ME TONIGHT? MAY I ENCOURAGE OTHERS IN THEIR FAITH AND MAY MY OWN SOUL BE ENCOURAGED BY OTHER'S FAITH."
"I will continue with all of you for your PROGRESS and JOY in the faith so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25
MY PRAYER: "IT IS FOR PROGRESS AND JOY IN THE FAITH WE ARE GATHERING. IT IS FOR PEOPLE'S JOY TO OVERFLOW BECAUSE OF YOU, JESUS THAT WE ARE MEETING TONIGHT."
" See to it brothers, that none of you has a sinful unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily (hence these DAILY e-mails), as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness (deception, misrepresentation, a trick, falseness,misleading, dishonest, the deliberate concealment of truth with intent to lead another into error or disadvantage)"- Hebrews 3:12
MY PRAYER: "FATHER, AS WE MEET TONIGHT MAY PEOPLE BE ENCOURAGED IN THEIR FAITH SO THEY DON'T TURN AWAY FROM YOU, SO THEIR HEARTS DON'T BECOME HARD BY ALL THE THINGS OUT THERE SEEKING TO LEAD ALL THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE AND CREATED INTO ERROR AND DISADVANTAGE."
So now, after having prepared, I'm more excited for tonight. It is a great honor and blessing to be able to gather together. I will go intent on seeking to strengthen others and be ready to receive any strengthening He might have for me. I will go with a thankful heart, joyful at the privilege for gathering and not as "something to do", "going through the motions"............. realizing that meeting with other believers can make a difference in simply having the strength to make it through another day and not being deceived in what life is really all about.
May I encourage you today to focus on what you might "Get" from meeting with God on a daily basis not on what you'd be giving up. May I encourage you to prepare those minds and hearts of yours through reading and doing the word of God that you might get the most out of this precious gift of life God has given us. You are deeply loved. Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. You are all welcome to join us this evening for the strengthening of your soul at the River downtown from 6:30-8:30. Kristy Joy Link
"DON'T FOCUS ON WHAT YOU ARE GIVING UP, FOCUS ON WHAT YOU ARE GETTING."
I liked that. So, I use those words sometimes in effort to help me get up in the morning to meet with God. Sleeping in can be tempting- but I KNOW that if I choose sleep over filling my mind with God's words, casting all my cares on Him, interceding (to plead/pray on another's behalf), praising and thanking Him, Preparing my mind and heart for the day ahead, it will come at a cost. What I get from getting up early and spending time with God far outweighs the reward/pleasure of sleeping in. When I meet with God what I get is:
* peace
* joy
* strength
* focus
* purpose/meaning
* answers to prayers which causes my faith to grow and my love for Him to increase
* a depth and richness of soul
* knowledge of the Holy One
* swords to use throughout my day in the battle and to help fight temptations meant to harm me
* a thankful heart vs. a negative/complaining heart
* a pure heart through seeking forgiveness for anything offensive to my God (a pure heart sees God.....Matthew 5:8)
* "the word that sustains the weary" Isaiah 50:4......food/nourishment for other hungry souls
* the opportunity to be "useful to the Master and prepared for any good work." 2 Timothy 2:21
* Discernment/wisdom/Truth
* love.........and the rest of the "fruits of the Spirit"- Galatians 5:22
* preperation for the day ahead leading to a richer/fuller/more meaningful experience
What I get when I sleep in is:
* a few more hours of "pleasure"
* missed opportunities for all the things mentioned above
So, you tell me what seems to be the better choice in the end.
'Don't focus on what you are giving up, focus of what you are getting."
As I awoke this morning and looked at my day ahead, I began thinking of the "Gathering of believers" (church) that will take place this evening.
God says, "Give thanks in all circumstances" 1 Thessalonians 5:18. So I gave thanks that
*I live in a country where I can meet with other believers without fear of being persecuted (although I think our brothers/sisters in those countries where there is not religious freedom don't EVER take their gatherings for granted)
*there are other people around me that do believe in the ONE, TRUE, LIVING GOD
*we have a building to host the gathering
*we have access to the "words of God"- I can't imagine being without them.
Then I began to "prepare my mind" and "arm myself with the attitude of Jesus". I looked up verses that talked about WHY we gather. I asked myself why am I going tonight? What is the purpose?
"I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong- that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith." - Romans 1:11
MY PRAYER; 'OH GOD- MAY I BE USED BY YOU TO HELP STRENGTHEN PEOPLE TONIGHT. WILL YOU USE SOMEONE TO STRENGTHEN ME TONIGHT? MAY I ENCOURAGE OTHERS IN THEIR FAITH AND MAY MY OWN SOUL BE ENCOURAGED BY OTHER'S FAITH."
"I will continue with all of you for your PROGRESS and JOY in the faith so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25
MY PRAYER: "IT IS FOR PROGRESS AND JOY IN THE FAITH WE ARE GATHERING. IT IS FOR PEOPLE'S JOY TO OVERFLOW BECAUSE OF YOU, JESUS THAT WE ARE MEETING TONIGHT."
" See to it brothers, that none of you has a sinful unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily (hence these DAILY e-mails), as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness (deception, misrepresentation, a trick, falseness,misleading, dishonest, the deliberate concealment of truth with intent to lead another into error or disadvantage)"- Hebrews 3:12
MY PRAYER: "FATHER, AS WE MEET TONIGHT MAY PEOPLE BE ENCOURAGED IN THEIR FAITH SO THEY DON'T TURN AWAY FROM YOU, SO THEIR HEARTS DON'T BECOME HARD BY ALL THE THINGS OUT THERE SEEKING TO LEAD ALL THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE AND CREATED INTO ERROR AND DISADVANTAGE."
So now, after having prepared, I'm more excited for tonight. It is a great honor and blessing to be able to gather together. I will go intent on seeking to strengthen others and be ready to receive any strengthening He might have for me. I will go with a thankful heart, joyful at the privilege for gathering and not as "something to do", "going through the motions"............. realizing that meeting with other believers can make a difference in simply having the strength to make it through another day and not being deceived in what life is really all about.
May I encourage you today to focus on what you might "Get" from meeting with God on a daily basis not on what you'd be giving up. May I encourage you to prepare those minds and hearts of yours through reading and doing the word of God that you might get the most out of this precious gift of life God has given us. You are deeply loved. Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. You are all welcome to join us this evening for the strengthening of your soul at the River downtown from 6:30-8:30. Kristy Joy Link