Saturday, March 7, 2009

LIFE!

After my water fiasco (which by many of your e-mails I'm happy to find out I'm not alone in dealing with water issues..........it's always so nice to know you're not alone isn't it????) my dad called me and was curious about how my husband handled that. He wondered if Rob responded in a gracious manner (which was his suspicion knowing the man Rob is) or did he spew forth frustration, anger, and shame leaving me in more agony over the situation. He's my father. He loves me and cares about me very much. I know this to be true in the deepest part of me as he has told me this and shown me his love through countless ways over the course of my 36 years of existence (THANK YOU, DAD). He knew very well the temptation for Rob to be angry and respond in an ugly manner but desired, for his daughter's sake, that he treated me gently knowing the fragility (susceptible to being broken or injured) of the human soul.
I was happy to tell my father that Rob was very gracious. He really didn't say much (I'm sure putting all his wisdom, knowledge, The Spirit of Jesus, and swords to use, one of which was probably,

" A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered."- Prov. 17:27).

I had to leave for the evening and when I came home I found this note:

"Hi honey,
I want you to know that it's alright. The basement has been wet a million times before. One more time won't hurt. Let's just consider this motivation for us to get the carpet up and the tile down. Don't be hard on yourself. Everyone I have ever met has made a mistake or two. Me more than most. One thing that wasn't a mistake was asking you to marry me. Peace and Joy, Rob"

Although we may not all have an earthly father who is physically present and concerned with how we are treated (which may I say again- I AM SOOOO SORRY. THE PAIN OF THAT IS SOOOO INTENSE , I KNOW), we DO all have a heavenly father who is deeply concerned with how others treat us (and how WE treat others). He sees all and knows all. When people treat you harshly, unmercifully, abusively........... (or vice versa), it grieves the heart of your heavenly father. Those people who hurt you or are hurting you will be held accountable before God. His word says,

"But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for EVERY CARELESS WORD they have spoken." Matthew 12:3

I share the words Rob GIFTED me with because I want you to know the power you hold in that small little vessel called the tounge.

"The tounge has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Prov. 19:21

Although he very well could have brought "death" to my soul, and I'm sure the temptation was there, he CHOSE to give me life. And now he will eat it's fruit. He has a wife that is incredibly grateful and respects him more than he will ever know, he has a father- in-law that is rejoicing over all those prayers he prayed for his daughter and all the training he gave her to wait for a godly, seriously devoted follower of Jesus (not just a church goer ladies......if you are not married yet- hold out for a man who is in love with Jesus and desires to follow Him.........he is worth the wait and you and your children will be blessed) husband, and he has a Father in Heaven who is pleased.

May I encourage you today to believe that no matter how others treat you, which is out of your control (mostly....your attitude can affect the way people want to treat you, but ultimately it is their choice)..... your Father in heaven loves you sooo deeply and desires all people to love you well. He truly cares about you. I would also like to encourage you to use that tounge, that powerful tounge, to bring life to people's souls......no matter how great the temptation to bring death. You will eat the fruit. It is your choice.

"Like snow in summer or rain in harvest, honor is not fitting for a fool." Prov. 26:1

If you want to be honored, DON'T BE A FOOL.

Thank you to all who came to "Battle at Bombadil" yesterday for a "sister's soul". We had an awesome time praying for Amanda. It is what the "church" was made to do. Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. Kristy Joy Link