Saturday, March 28, 2009

Test me, God!

It has been another morning that I've needed for myself to say this to my God,

"Search me O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
-Psalm 139:23 & 24

He is showing me some "offensive" ways in me.

Offensive- Disagreeable to the senses; Causing anger, displeasure, resentment; unpleasant effects to the senses and feelings

His word says "The Counselor, The Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have said."
-John 14:26

There are 2 different passages that keep coming up in my mind.

1. Numbers 13 & 14- The story of Caleb and Joshua reporting on exploring Canaan. 12 people went out to check things out. When they returned 10 of the people focused on the problems and the size of the giants. They said, "We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."
Only 2, Joshua and Caleb, focused on the size of their God and His words to them. They said, "We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.........if the Lord is pleased with us, he will lead us into that land, and will give it to us. ......The Lord is with us. Do not be afraid of them." Num.14:7-9

Only 2 pleased God. Guess which ones.

It is offensive to God when we are negative; when we focus on our problems and not the size of our God. GUILTY!!!!


2. "Your beauty should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear." 1 Peter 3:4-6

GOD'S IDEA OF BEAUTY:

*Hope is in God.......Your confidence is in Him.....you TRUST Him....you believe He is working even when you can't see
*Submissive to husbands...............surrendering to their will or authority....yielding to their opinion........placing self under....to consent or comply passively without protest......remain at rest.....silence signifying acceptance
*Doing what is right............despite the temptation to do otherwise.....despite the war within.....laying down own life/will/desires for sake of God's ways
*Not giving in to fear.......NOT conceding, NOT acknowledging as true, NOT granting your fears....those things that make you anxious or afraid.

I'm not feeling very beautiful to God right now. However, I LOVE this mirror he is holding up because He is making me beautiful. I WILL BE BEAUTIFUL TO HIM AS I CHOOSE OBEDIENCE, AS I LET HIM HAVE HIS WAY WITH ME.

May I encourage you my dear fellow women on this journey and those intent on doing life God's way ....the Higher (although certainly not easier) way........may you continue to " above all else, guard you heart (all of your thoughts and ways) for it is the well-spring of life." Prov. 4:23. May I encourage you to not focus on your problems but on the God who says, "Is anything too hard for me?" and "Nothing is impossible for him who believes." May I encourage you to seek to be beautiful to God. Look in his mirror regularly. Don't give in to your fears..........put your hope in God my friends. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT! Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. Kristy joy Link