Wednesday, March 4, 2009

with all your heart!

Jake wanted a bagel. So- I told him to go down to the freezer and get them out. He came back upstairs empty handed. He told me he couldn't find them. I asked him if he looked hard and moved stuff around. He answered "no". I concluded he must have not REALLY wanted the bagel. Of course, when I went down to look, moving everything around, determined to find what I knew was there, I found the bagels!

I created something really special for Rob awhile back. Something I thought he would really enjoy. I hid it in our room in one of my drawers. I had put a lot of time into this project and was really excited for him to find it. I sent him in our room to find it, telling him where it was. When I went upstairs a little while later to see what he thought about my work I was deeply disappointed to find him almost asleep with no project in sight. When I asked him why he didn't have the project, he said, "Oh- I couldn't find it." I thought to myself, "What! It was right where I told you. You might have had to move some clothes around a little, but it was right there." I concluded he must not have REALLY wanted what I had for him because if he did, he would have looked for it until he found it.

At both of those moments, God's truths made so much sense to me;

"You will seek me and FIND ME WHEN you seek me WITH ALL YOUR HEART." Jeremiah 29: 13

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who DILIGENTLY/EARNESTLY seek him." Hebrews 11:6

I believe you probably understand this truth as well. You want to be PURSUED. You don't want a guy to call you once and if you don't answer just give up. NO!!!!! You want him to want you bad enough to do what it takes to get you.....right? Do you think that is in you because you are made in the image of God????? If that desire is in you to be diligently pursued because someone REALLY wants you, could it be that that is God's desire of us?

May I encourage you today to seek God WITH ALL YOUR HEART! Seek Him DILIGENTLY! Don't give up until you find him......and you will find him because His word says you will IF you seek him with all your heart. Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. Kristy Joy Link