Thursday, March 5, 2009

Water

I'm thinking of changing the name "watergirls." Not really. I simply had more than my share of experience with water yesterday and I'd like to not even hear the word for awhile.
I was downstairs doing more Link laundry and needed to let a few things soak. I turned on the water in my big sink, and 2 HOURS LATER remembered to turn it off. Actually, that is not true. I didn't remember. I went downstairs to get something and much to my "delight' heard the carpet making "squishing" sounds. There in front of me was the water faucet STILL RUNNING and pouring out wonderful water. What are those words Jesus spoke?

"Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. EACH DAY HAS ENOUGH TROUBLE OF ITS OWN."- Matthew 6:34

Unfortunately, this "trouble of its own" was MY FAULT. I was the one who got distracted and was not being careful and focused. Although the desire is there to blame it on someone else, I CAN'T. I hate when that happens. Honestly speaking, I love to be able to blame other people and be free from responsibility. This experience reminds me of two important truths. I'll focus on one today and the othe tomorrow.

First- When something is your fault- REFUSE TO BLAME OTHERS........INCLUDING GOD.

" A man's OWN FOLLY ruins his life, yet his heart rages against the Lord." Prov. 19:3

Learn to accept responsibility for your own "folly". The temptation to blame is passed on to us from the very first two, Adam and Eve.

"And he said, Who told you you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?' The Man said, 'The woman you put here with me- she gave me some fruit from the tree and I ate it." Then the Lord said to the woman, 'What is this you have done?' The woman said, 'The serpent deceived me, and I ate."
Genesis 3:11 - 13

Remember that temptation to do something is different than actually doing it. Jesus himself was tempted.

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are- yet was without sin." Hebrews 4:15

and

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, HE WILL ALSO PROVIDE A WAY OUT so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

So when you are tempted to blame others and when you are accused of wrong;

1. Remind yourself- God loves you. Just because you did something wrong doesn't change his love for you. NOTHING CAN CHANGE HIS LOVE FOR YOU.

2. Pull out this sword, "This is the one I esteem; he who is humble (aware of one's short-comings; showing deferential respect; lack of pride) and contrite (humbled by guilt and repentant for one's sins) in spirit, and trembles at my word." Isaiah 66:2 The perfect one isn't the one he esteems. It's the one who admits they are not perfect and seeks forgiveness that receives God's favor.

3.. Pretend you have duct tape over your mouth and don't say anything immediately when confronted.

4. Learn to say as the first thing, " I am soooo sorry." ..........and no more. Don't make excuses or blame others

5. "Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so you may be healed." James 5:16

6. Pull out this sword, "A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinion.' Prov. 18:2
Make it your goal to seek to understand the other person's perspective and why your actions have hurt them.

I imagine there are some of you out there who possibly have been blamed your whole life and IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT. To you I say:

" When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly." 1 Peter 2:23

and

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from his sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the one to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:12

God has seen you your whole life. He knows what is true, what is your fault and what is not. Oh my dear friend- learn the freedom of entrusting yoursef to His care.

So- my children are stirring and I'm out of time. Please feel free to make this a dialogue. My time is so limited in the morning that I may neglect to say something out of lack of time or may forget to think of it from someone elses perspective and may not address your situation. I'd love to hear from you. My purpose in writing these is to encourage you in Godliness, in following Jesus hard-core, and to free your soul not burden it. So if, for some reason I say something that you question, please feel free to e-mail me.

May I encourage you to not be defensive but rather accept responsibilty for your own folly/error/sin/wrong-doing SO THAT more LIFE may come. Remember that sin brings death. We LOVE LIFE, JOY, AND PEACE! Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul (NOT YOUR BASEMENT!) be watered and may you water another's soul. Kristy Joy Link

P.s.- A friend of mine, Amanda, is a single mom raising 3 boys and 1 girl on her own. Her oldest son is struggling a bit. So, tomorrow, March 6 from 9:30-10:30 a.m. anyone who has a free hour please come to my home and we are going to :
BATTLE AT BOMBADIL!!!!! "The prayers of a righteous man are POWERFUL and EFFECTIVE." James 5:16

We are going to pray for my friend and ask God together (power in numbers) to strengthen her and heal her relationship with her son. Let me know if you need directions.