Ahhhhhhhhhhh! My soul is stirred. Vibrant colors, images of sunsets, oceans, butterflies (symbol of transformation) soaring through the land, fields of grain blowing in the wind, beautiful voices and the most amazing violin music aroused my senses last night as I sat next to my husband at a Celtic Woman concert (a surprise Valentine's gift ).
I left with a heart full of Worship for my God, the Creator of all these things (and Rob got a little adoration himself with a small "w"). As I worshiped Him in my inner being, my mind filled with the following truths:
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..." James 1:17
Thank you God for the good gifts of music, singing, color, dance, and all the things you've created. You are brilliant; soooooo creative, powerful, and GOOD.
'Oh Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!" Psalm 8:1
Another truth dwelling richly in my soul was, ".....They worshiped and served created things rather than the creator." Romans 1: 25
I hoped as I left there that the other hundreds of people that had just experienced what I experienced and saw what I saw were as stirred in their worship of God rather than the "created things". However, my guess is, they probably weren't.
May I encouage you today to always see beyond the "created" to the ultimate "Creator". Everything on this earth is whispering to us of Him; His beauty, His goodness, His passion, His romantic and creative heart,His love of all things right and beautiful and hatred of all that ruins and destroys.
As I end this, my daughter Reese is sitting quietly on the floor next to me kissing my leg over and over and gently rubbing my arm. Whose idea were "kisses" anyway? Oh Creator- you made us with the ability to express our love through soo many ways. May we express our love to you today and worship YOU! May we see beyond all the created things to YOUR GLORIOUS MAJESTY! Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered.
Kristy Joy Link