Saturday, February 7, 2009

watch out for traps!

Unbelievable! I'm still in shock. I know there is evil in the world but there are times I'm still surprised by it. So, a few days ago I was sitting at my computer checking my e-mail when all of a sudden this thing pops up on my screen called "Antivirus 360". It says, "Warning, warning, 45 threats dectected- take action NOW! If you don't you may lose all your data." It's got a little shield by it which is a symbol of protection to ward off blows and to make safe from danger. So, in my limited computer knowledge, when it asks me if I want to continue and "get protected" I click "yes." Of course, I want to be protected. As I keep clicking "yes" and getting further and further I start to feel a little more uneasy because it just keeps going and going. I felt trapped and stuck and I could not get out of it. After about half and hour of this I decided to ask Rob about it. He couldn't get out of it either and so we were left with calling the experts and bringing our computer into a shop. When I went to pick the computer up in my unbelief I asked the knowledable computer man, "So- this was all a scam even though it made it look like it was totally there to help me." He replied outwardly with, "Yes, maam," although inwardly I'm sure he was thinking, "wow! This woman is really naive." I just still am surprised that people would do that. So, $45.00 later, 2 days without a computer and all the frustration involved I have my computer back and am reminded of a spiritual/Scriptural truth;
"For such men are false apostles,deceitful workmen, masquarading (disquise, false outward show, deceptive outward appearance) as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness." 2 Corinthians 11:13-15.
I asked the man before I left the store how am I suppose to recognize this "Deceitfulness" when it all looks so helpful? He gave me the one signature I am to look for and if it does NOT have that name, it's a scam and to simply click the "x" box.
So, may I encourage you today to be alert and not as naive as myself (you all could probably teach me a few things here).May you go forth in this day aware that according to Scripture there is one out there, "prowling around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour" 1 Peter 5:8
May I encourage you to not fall for the evil one's traps(b/c Scripture is clear that there are traps set for us.) Go immediately to the "expert" and His Book which is a "lamp unto our feet and a light for our path."
May I encourage you to get to know Jesus and His word sooooo well that you are able to detect falsehood.
If what you experience does not bring life, peace, doesn't acknowledge Jesus Christ as come from God, love and more freedom- click the "x" box and get out before you get trapped. Blessings from Bombadil.
P.s.- I am sending this a little hesitantly as i'm sure you all already know this lesson and truly could be teaching/reminding me.
May I encourage you to get knowledge and wisdom. For God's word says,"Though it costs all you have get wisdom."