"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will OVERFLOW on account of me."
-Phillipians 1:26
Just like my home has a name and a mission, I have a name and a mission too. My name is
"Kristy Joy Link".
I was reading this Scripture above one day, when as soon as I read it my spirit was so alive, everything was so clear, and I deeply desired this verse to be true about me. I said,
"Oh Jesus, this is what I want. I want to LINK people to You (JESUS) through JOY. I want people's JOY in YOU to overflow on account of me. May I be that "missing LINK" helping connect people to you. As I am a Christ follower (which is what Kristy means) seeking to obey your command to be "Joyful always", and "Joyful in Hope" may people want you on account of me."
So it is my mission to know and understand more and more who Jesus is and all that he did. Let me share a verse with you that I think about a lot to stir up my own "Joy in Jesus";
"Remember that formerly you who are Gentiles (everyone who is not a Jew....that's us) by birth....remember that at that time you were seperate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Isreal and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, WITHOUT HOPE AND WITHOUT GOD IN THE WORLD. BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ." Ephesians 2:11-13
May I encourage you this day to reflect on that truth. According to Scripture, without Jesus ,you would have no hope and you would not have God in this world. Sounds like Hell to me. "But now",...."But now"......"But now"......all because of Jesus we can have God in the world (ahhhhh....sounds like the beginning of heaven to me).May you have a little bit more joy in your world today, knowing that because of Jesus- there is hope! Say, "But Now!" a few times throughout the course of your day.
May I also encouage you as you read Scripture to ask God to give you a "life" verse. A piece of truth that resonates with who you are and what you want Him to do through your life. Your life is a gift. You are here to know Him and make Him known through your own unique, special way. If you already have "your" verse- please know I would love to hear them. What's your name and your mission? Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link