"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and don't lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Prov. 3: 5 & 6
"Come, follow me,' Jesus said, 'and I will make you Fishers of men." Mark 1. 17
"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and GO AFTER THE LOST SHEEP UNTIL HE FINDS IT? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together asn says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner tho repents than over ninety- nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." Luke 15:4-7
I BELIEVE IT! I AM CONVINCED OF IT! I KNOW HIS WORD ARE TRUE!
Yesterday, was just another confirmation of what I already KNOW to be true. I have had HUNDREDS of encounters with people (some of you are those people and I believe you know who you are) where I know God is directing our paths and He is using me as his servant to go after his lost sheep. I begin most of my days acknowledging Him and asking Him to direct my path. I tell Him:
" I am your servant. I desire to be "useful to the Master". I believe your words, God, that you love people with a depth of love I will never be able to completely fathom and that people need you. I believe the depth of your love and the disastrous effects of sin and life without you. I believe you know all things, and I don't know much ,so just open my eyes to whom you are drawing to yourself. Show me, God, who you are pursuing. Show me who is hurting, alone, empty, purposeless, afraid, enslaved, blind, burdened, and love-starved. Show me who you love and desire more for.;More peace, more joy, more hope. Open my eyes, God."
So, I went to a party back in November. There was a man there who stood out to me. I don't really know how to explain it except he just stood out. So I took notice of him, and said to God, "I see that man. You know him. You know what he needs. I don't. Give him what he needs. May He know your wonderful love and the reality of your existence." I thought to myself, after having this be my experience countless of times, "I will see this man again."
A few weeks later, I was stopped at a red light on a random road. When I looked over to see who was in the car beside me, guess who I saw? My new friend. I smiled and waved and more prayers went up on his behalf (to the One who says He gave up his life for this man.)
Yesterday, as I was coming out of McDonalds a kind man held the door for me. Guess who that kind man was? It was my new friend, the man I "noticed" at the party.
Notice how out of my own control this is? I simply was going to McDonalds. However, as a servant of God, always ready to be used and always seeking to be alert to where God might be working (because I REALLY BELIEVE HE IS ALWAYS WORKING!!!!!) as soon as I saw him I once again began praying for him. And just to be clear, I am NOT saying "I am always the 'prayer for'". I have also experienced my path crossing with people who when they see me, are compelled to pray for me which I glady embrace as I will be the first to admit that I NEED prayers. Did you also notice the "perfect timing involved." A stop light? Going through a door? It's a matter of being in the right place at the right time for a matter of SECONDS. Who does that? How does that get arranged? It's beyond me.
So- on this day, may I encourage you to believe God's words that say that he wants to use us to "fish for men." Believe Him when he says He goes after the one lost sheep. Believe Him when He says He loves his people sooooo deeply that He willl go after them. Believe Him when he says to just acknowledge that this is His earth and that He is in control and He is a God of perfect timing. Believe Him when He says He wants to do that through us- the ones who have received Him and have His spirit living within us. His word says,
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2: 20
May I encourage those of you who may be reading this and know that our paths have crossed in "unusual", perfect timing, on several occasions kind of ways to consider that I have nothing to do with it. Rather, there is a real, live God who loves you, knows everything about you and desires to have a right relationship with you. A real live, Unbelievable Creator who wants you to know peace, joy, and righteousness- the "kingdom of heaven." You are not alone on this earth! He has soooo much more in store for you. I love you all! Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another. Kristy Joy Link