Monday, February 23, 2009

The fight!

I got into the biggest fight, yesterday, that I think I've ever been in. Thankfully, I think I won (or should I say "we" won) It wasn't the kind of fight you might be thinking of, but rather the fight spoken of in Ephesians 6:10-13;

"Be strong in the Lord, and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle (battle, fight) is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil (wrong-doing) comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."

So, God says He goes after His precious "lost sheep" right? He teaches us in His Word that He often uses His followers to do that, right? Well- let me tell you a story about a woman we'll call "Tat." I noticed "Tat" from the moment I entered the YMCA. She stood out to me as a beautiful woman with "empty eyes." Every time I would see her I would simply talk to her Creator about her asking Him to help her know He loves her and sees her.

After a few months of being at the YMCA ,a woman I was running on the treadmill next to, invited me to come join a class with her. When I asked her who taught the class she said it was a woman named, "Tat". I knew immediately that was a class I NEEDED to attend.

I began attending the class faithfully and have been enjoying it very much. "Tat" is an awesome instructor. During this class, an opportunity opened up to attend a workshop for women to discuss "loving their bodies through the seasons". I felt very prompted in my spirit to attend this workshop and be ready to be a voice for the Creator of our bodies so "Tat" and other women who might be there may hear His heart. I went not knowing who would be there or what I would say or if I would have the courage to say anything. I prayed before I went asking God to give me wisdom and boldness. I fixed my mind on His truths that say;

" A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions." Prov.18:2.......................MY PRAYER "Oh God- help me to be a good listener."

"The more the words the less the meaning."- Ecclesiastes 6:11
MY PRAYER- "Oh God, don't let me talk too much."

"For there is a proper time and procedure for every matter." Ecc. 8:6
MY PRAYER "Father, help me to know the right time to speak"

"For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me WHAT to say and HOW to say it." John 12:49

MY PRAYER- "Father- I believe You are sending me here. PLEASE tell me WHAT to say and HOW to say it."

"What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels." Luke 9: 25 & 26

MY PRAYER- "Jesus- do not let me be ashamed of you. I love you and I know your truth leads to life. I want these women to know you and have LIFE, JOY and PEACE."

"Let the one who has my word SPEAK IT FAITHFULLY......'Is not my word like fire,' declares the Lord, 'and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?'
Jeremiah 23:28 & 29

MY PRAYER- "I have your words in my heart, God. Help me to speak them."

So after preparing my mind and my heart I set out ready to be His "messenger" and to be "useful to the Master"(2 Timothy 2:21).

When I arrived I knew the resistance would be THICK. Thankfully, as we went around and shared our names and what season we love and why, an African American woman spoke with great boldness about her love for summer with the sun because it reminds her of the "son of God- Jesus christ". I thanked God in my heart for that woman! At the intermission, I approached this woman telling her I shared her love for the "SON" and we hugged as only "SISTERS" can hug.

As I sat listening to the hearts of these women, hearing their need and deep desire to be loved, to be accepted, and to be cleansed I knew I had to speak at some point. This, however, was where the "Fight" came into play. It was that picture we've all seen on cartoons with the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other. In one ear I kept hearing, "Don't you speak. They don't care. It's only your "opinion". No one will listen. You don't have what they need. They are fine without Jesus- look - they are smiling." I could go on and on with the "voices" of the spiritual battle taking place. In my other ear, however, I kept hearing, "Oh Kristy- this is why you are here. I love these women so deeply and they are all searching. You know me. You have what they so desperately need. Remember my words, "This is eternal life; that they may know you, the ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST, whom you have sent."(John 17:3) "Do not be afraid of them...What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear proclaim from the roofs." (Matthew 10: 26 & 27) At this point, a woman had just come in and shared a story, which, Jesus always taught in stories. It is the language of the heart. My heart began beating soooo fast and I could hear His voice saying, "Speak. Tell them what I've taught you." So- I DID IT! I said, "May I share a story with you guys?" I Listened to the "angel voice" sitting on my right shoulder. I listened to the voice of God as he helped me fight this spiritual battle going on within with His Words which he describes as "a double edged sword." As I spoke the battle raged. Most of the women wouldn't look at me. However, My God goes before me and I know He sent those four beautiful African American believers who as I spoke gave me "come on!" and "That's right!" like no else could. Their words and presence gave me such strength to speak what I KNEW I needed to speak. At the end, I left early (leaving them to process what I just said without me there), feeling like I had just been in the center ring and came out with my boxing gloves held high above my head knowing whether they believe and take to heart anything I said, I had been faithful to my master to whom someday I will give an account.

May I encourage you this day to NOT BE ASHAMED OF HIM AND HIS WORDS. Paul knew the temptation and the battle in this world, and he said, "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes." Romans 1:16. May you listen to His voice! May you fight the good fight and come out VICTORIOUS. And for my friends out there who may not know Him yet- HE LOVES YOU, HE LOVES YOU, HE LOVES YOU....He says it is only in HIM and through a relationship with Jesus that you will find what you are looking for to fill that ache/that void within. Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. Kristy Joy Link.