Have you ever tried to push yourself hard ,either physically or emotionally, and searched for something to preoccupy your mind? I know you have because many of you are moms and that mind had to go somewhere when you were pushing that baby out (unless of course you enjoyed the wonderful, highly recommended epidural for at least one of your deliveries- I liked experiencing natural as well). Well, yesterday, as I was running on the treadmill at the "Y "( you might start thinking I live at the "Y". I'll have a non-"y" story tomorrow) I wanted to push myself at the end. As I was struggling, my eyes searched the room for something to fixate on. Although there were four t.v.s in front of me nothing seemed inspirational ,but rather like contamination for my soul. So as my eyes roamed, they were drawn into a quote on the wall right in front of me that said, "Keep your mind fixed on the goal." Ahhhhhh- that's something I can cling to for a few minutes while I push myself.
"Keep your mind FIXED on the goal."
Sounds like something I've heard before in my favorite Book. Listen to the Words of God (and don't forget to "tremble"- Isaiah 66:2) that involve the words "fix" and "goal":
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can NEVER PERISH, SPOIL, OR FADE- KEPT IN HEAVEN FOR YOU, who through faith are SHIELDED BY GOD'S POWER until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. IN THIS you greatly rejoice, though for now FOR A LITTLE WHILE you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come SO THAT your faith- OF GREATER WORTH THAN GOLD, which perishes even though refined by fire- may be proved GENUINE and may result in praise, glory, and honor WHEN (not IF) Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you BELIEVE IN HIM and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the GOAL of your faith, THE SALVATION (the preservation or deliverance from evil or difficulty...redemption...rescue)OF YOUR SOULS." 1 Peter 1: 3-9
"We live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So we make it our GOAL to please him...."
2 Corinthians 5:7 & 9
"I would like to learn one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your GOAL by human effort? ....Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you BELIEVE what you heard? Galatians 3:2-5
"One thing I do: Forgetting what is BEHIND and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the GOAL to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 3:13 & 14
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin THAT SO EASILY ENTANGLES, and let us run with PERSEVERANCE the race marked out for us. Let us FIX ( to direct steadily;concentrate; fasten securely) our eyes on JESUS, THE AUTHOR AND PERFECTER OF OUR FAITH, who for the JOY set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, SO THAT YOU will NOT GROW WEARY AND LOSE HEART." Hebrews 12:1-3
May I encourage you today to fix your eyes on Jesus.
May I encourage you today to make it your goal in this life to be on a quest to find out what pleases God and then DO IT!
May I encourage you this day to forget what is behind- Press on! Move forward! God loves you. He forgives you. When you accept Jesus Christ into your life, when you say "Yes! I want and need the Spirit of God to live in me and to wash me clean from all my wrong doing" you become NEW! God no longer sees the sin that had seperated you from Him, but He now views you as PERFECT because of what Jesus did for you. It's a new day. You have a clean slate.
May I encourage you to not obtain the "goal of your faith which is the salvation of your souls" by human effort. Simply believe that God has made you perfect through the sacrifice of His Son, receive His gift to you, Thank Him profusly that all you have to do is believe him and receive him, surrender your life to him and allow Him to make you holy/perfect. Allow Him to live His life through you. Be like the soft clay that is moldable in the hands of the Potter. Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. Kristy Joy Link
p.s.Take great joy in believing there is an inheritance kept in heaven for you who have bent your knee to Jesus!
p.s.s- Perfect timing-the Link children are beginning to stir.