Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yesterday, I mentioned that I would give some time to pondering "tears", as I shed a few the other day. WOW! I've spent most of my "God time" this morning looking up tears on the internet. Below are some of my findings;
William Trey, a bio-chemist spent 15 years studying tears.
*There are 3 types of tears; Basal(help keep eyes clear from dust), Reflex (irritation of the eye), and psychic (emotional/crying)
*tear fluid contains- water, mucin, lipids, lysozyme ("one of the most effective anti-bacterial and antiviral agents known....w/o it eye infections would cause most people to go blind") ,lactoferrin, lipocalin,lacitrin, immunoglobulins,glucose,urea, sodium, and potassium
*Humans are the only mammals to cry "emotional" tears
*They have found that crying is beneficial to health and mental well- being
*"Scientific studies found that after crying people feel better and feel worse by suppressing their tears."
"An amazing discovery; tears may be a way to aid a person to deal with emotional problems."
"Crying emotional tears contained far more toxic biological by products and weeping removes the toxic substances that build up during emotional stress."
"The seemingly simple response of producing tears is enormously complex. Without tears life would be drastically different for humans. Life would be enormously uncomfortable and eyesight would be blocked out all together."
Now, Listen to God's words:
"He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things (tears are a thing) were created; things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; ALL THINGS WERE CREATED BY HIM AND FOR HIM"- Colossians 1: 15 & 16
"Through Him (Jesus) all things (tears are a thing) were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.....He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him." John 1:3 & 10
I am worshipping my God, my Jesus, this morning because of tears. How brilliant He is! How scientific! How much He cares for His creation that He would give us tears. How much He must love us to give us a tool to help deal with the pain down here this side of Heaven. How amazing how everything is connected in our bodies that when our heart, which is the center of everything and the one thing God is after, is touched either positively or negatively tears are ready to slide down our cheek (that is, if we let them). How much He must care about the health of His people. Every person in this world has tears. How sad He must be when we succumb to the lies of the evil one, who whispers that crying is for babies, when he has given them to us to aid in our healing.
I remember being in California with my parents a few Decembers ago. My mom and I witnessed a Mother and Father, playing and dancing with their 12 children. As I observed their joy, the children's obedience to their father, the love they had for each other, and their generousity I could not keep myself from crying. I asked my mom, "Why am I crying?" We both simply admitted it was, "Beauty", a "God - thing". Oh, how God wants to touch our souls and convince us of His incredible goodness and love for all that is truly beautiful.
So my fellow journey-women, May you cry today! With every tear may you KNOW that you were given them by the creator of the Universe, Jesus Christ. With every tear that falls, may you sense His presence, His love, and His care for you. May your crying help heal your precious heart.May you not succumb to the world and it's whispers that you should not cry. May you cry, cry, cry until that wonderful day when:
"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more ....crying"
-Revelation 21:4
Blessings from Bombadil! May your soul be watered. Kristy Joy Link