Sunday, February 8, 2009

Light

Happy Sunday. Last night we watched the movie, "City of Embers." I would not recommend it, however, it did have one positive affect on me. In the entire movie there was no natural light. It was an incredibly dark movie. At one point, Jake said, "Ahhhhhh- I hate this movie. I hate the darkness." At the very end, they escaped this dark city and awoke to the sun rising and natural light abounding. As the credits rolled I found my soul alive and thanking God for light. I went to bed aware of His incredible goodness and brilliance. I have a skylight in my room which we have positioned our bed directly under. As I ended my day alone (Rob is speaking at a retreat @ CHR) the bright nighttime light of the moon shone directly upon me leaving me with a wonderful nighttime whisper of "you are never alone."
As I awoke this morning to prepare my heart for worship, my first thoughts of the day were, "Oh God, thank you for the sun. Thank you that it will come up today as it does every single day." My time with Him has been centered around the word, "light" and thinking about the sun. It would be AWFUL to live in darkness every day. Even on those dreary, cloudy days of winter we still have natural light- it is not complete darkness which it would be if our God wasn't soooooo goood to us. He has created ONE sun to light up the ENTIRE WORLD. AMAZING!!!!!!

"He causes his sun (I love that! The sun is His.) to rise on the evil (have you ever noticed that evil backwards is "live"?) and the good...." Matthew 5:45

"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is NO DARKNESS AT ALL......" 1 John 1:5

If it "feels like" you have no other reason to worship Him this morning (which would not be true!) thank Him and praise Him for light, for the sun, that someday, as believers in Him and worshippers of Him, we will live with Him in "unapproachable light." (I could tell you this verse if I had my other Bible).

Look up all the verses that talk about light and living in his , "Kingdom of light."

May your hearts, "Overflow with thankfulness for the SON." Blessings from Bombadil. K.Link