I LOVE to have things around my home that whisper to me of God's words. Something that when I see it I am reminded of one of His truths. So I was in Hobby Lobby (oooh- say it again) the other day in the 80% off section (does it get any better?) when I saw from a distance this beautiful, large 'jar of clay' with a cross on it. I knew immediately this was a "must have" for Bombadil. As I picked up the jar, admiring the beauty and price, I could hear God's truth ringing,
"But we have this treasure in JARS OF CLAY to show that this surpassing power is from God and not from us....." 2 Corinthians 4:7
I began dreaming of how I will teach my children the wonderful truth that Jesus is the treasure living within our bodies that are so weak and temporary. It was that truth I was excited to share with them when I noticed the tag on the jar that had ANOTHER wonderful lesson. BONUS! A two for one deal. The tag read:
"This product is handmade. Variations add to the uniqueness and character of each piece. Therefore, no two will be exactly the alike."
Do you know God does NOT compare you with ANYONE ELSE? You are handmade "By Him, for Him." All the variations add to your uniqueness and character. In this sea of billions of people no two are exactly alike. AMAZING! I don't mean "Do you know God doesn't compare you?". I mean, "Do you KNOW God doesn't compare you? Do you believe that............deeply? Do you KNOW it, not because of just some nice words someone says to you to make you feel good, but because that is what SCRIPTURE teaches?
Have you ever been compared to someone else? Have you ever compared yourself to someone else? How does that leave your soul feeling? I know how it leaves my soul...............MAD. EMPTY. SAD. JEALOUS. HOPELESS. OVERWHELMED. UNPEACEFUL. BOUND/NOT FREE. I love my own soul and I do NOT love feeling that way. So, I pull out my sword and get ready to engage in battle fighting for peace, joy , truth, and freedom to return to my innermost being. These are the first two swords I use:
"He who gets wisdom loves his/her own soul." Prov. 19:8
and
"The truth will set you FREE."
So let's get some wisdom. Let's get some truth so that your soul may soar.
"For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?"
1 Corinthians 4:7
"There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men....Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good...........and He gives them to each one JUST AS HE DETERMINES.......Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say 'because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,' it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body......But in FACT God has arranged the parts in the body, EVERY ONE OF THEM, just as HE wanted them to be." 1 Corinthians 12:4-18
"You shall not covet (envy- a feeling of discontent and resentment aroused by contemplation of another's desirable possessions or qualities, with a strong desire to have them for yourself)your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife (husband), ...or ANYTHING that belongs to your neighbor." Exodus 20:17
"It will be like a man going on a journey who called his servants and entrusted his property to them. To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability."Matthew 25:14 &15
There are many more to share, but I am running out of time as I hear a bed banging above me. E-mail me, ask for more if you want, or simply do your own study. The fact is- God compares you to NOONE. If someone compares you to someone else- they are lacking wisdom. If you compare yourself to someone else- you are lacking wisdom. You are unique, with your own God-given gifts/talents, your own history which God has been a part of every single second,and your own unique purpose of how God wants to use you. You are made for ONE, accountable to ONE, and He says,
"Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. AND HE WILL STAND, FOR THE LORD IS ABLE TO MAKE HIM STAND." Romans 14:4
May I encourage you today to "eat" the words of God and BELIEVE them so that your soul may be free. May I encourage you to engage in the battle. When you hear a condemning whisper, "You aren't like her. You'll never be like her. You have nothing to offer. Too bad you don't have her organizational brain. You' ll never be the mom you want to be. You'll never be the wife you want to be. You'll never be the servant of God you want to be........." FIGHT! ENGAGE! Use the words of God.
God's voice is NOT CONDEMNING! That is the voice of the evil one. You are so precious to Him. He has a plan and a journey unique for you unlike anyone elses. If you listen to those comparing, condemning voices it will bring death to your soul/spirit. The only one He wants you to be like you and His Son. He gives you His Son- to live within you and to help transform you. "You will stand, for he is able to make you stand."
"Christ in you, the hope of glory." Colossians 1:27
Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another. K.J.L